Sunday, August 19, 2012

Menu Plan Monday! Week of August 19, 2012



It's another week of August here, but I can see the finish line! Fall is my FAVORITE season, and I'm always happy to see summer GO. I know, that sounds strange to many people in other parts of the country or world, but here in the US Southeast, it's too hot for this girl! I look forward to crisp, clear fall days and enjoying being outside again! And because we have looooong summers and short fall and spring seasons, I consider fall to begin on Sept. 1. I don't care what the calendar says!

This week, we are continuing to work on cleaning out our deep-freeze so that it can be defrosted. It's easiest to defrost when we can simply empty, unplug and drag it out the back door of the basement into the sun. It can then defrost and drain, and I can clean it without making a mess in the house. But it is currently FULL of food and we need to eat that first, so here's the plan! Italics indicate a new recipe we haven't tried.

Sunday: Pepper Steak with Brown Rice (I have one package of beef tips languishing in the freezer); Peach Cobbler Cake with vanilla ice cream

Monday: Balsamic Grilled ChickenSouthern Creamed Corn (I always make this on the stovetop and don't bother with the casserole step), Broccoli

Tuesday: Sauteed Salmon with Lemon Butter OR Salmon with Peas in Butter Broth, Onion Roasted Potatoes (I'll either use salmon filets we have frozen, or if the second recipe, some frozen cooked salmon I had been saving to make salmon patties)

Wednesday: Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna, Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Chicken and Vegetable Pot Stickers, Lemon-Parsley Noodles

Saturday: Leftovers/out to eat

So what's on your menu this week?  This menu is linked to Menu Plan Mondays over at OrgJunkie.com; hop on over to join the fun!

2 comments:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I'm visiting from Organizing Junkie today. Happy MPM.
Your menu sounds delicious. Ling Ling potstickers are our favorite! We actually had some last week.

Angela said...

Thanks Berry! I love those pot stickers, and think I might actually be addicted lol! They are my favorite new make-my-own-take-out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails