Sunday, January 9, 2011

Menu Plan, Nursery and Pantry Project Update

Happy weekend!

Another week has flown by, and I am happy to report that our "eating from the pantry and freezer" project went really well this past week. I cooked all the brown rice I had stockpiled in the freezer, we made the pepper steak and the tilapia meals, and instead of making steak at home, we treated ourselves to what will probably be our last "fancy steakhouse" dinner for a while! We had a $20 off coupon (which, since I can't drink at the moment, made for a reasonably cheap date!) and it just sounded yummy on a rainy Friday night.

Yesterday we spent running around trying to get a few more "baby related" items accomplished. We did succeed in finalizing our gift registries (at least for the moment LOL!) and ordered our nursery furniture, which I am super excited about (if only it wasn't on backorder, that would be a bonus!) We also found a 40% off deal for the window treatments we need in our bedroom, so now if we can just settle on fabrics and styles in the next couple weeks, we can get those ordered (and satisfy our need to get a "deal" LOL!). I'm loving the after-holiday deals!

I saw my dr. Friday for our 30 week checkup. All is well with baby and, as of today, we're into single digit weeks on the countdown!! Wahoo!!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet our little guy! Now, we just have to settle on a NAME.

Meanwhile, the pantry menu plan continues for week 2 of this month, as follows:

Saturday: Salmon Patties, Corn, Wilted Spinach
Sunday: White Chicken Chili, Broccoli, Cornbread
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Hamburger Mac and Cheese Toss, Salad
Wednesday: Apricot Pork Chops, Sweet Potato Fries, Kale
Thursday: Chili, Cheese Muffins, Spinach
Friday: Leftovers for hubby; I'll probably be out with girlfriends!!

Everyone stay warm! It's going to be a freezing cold week even here in GA!

Love, Dahrlin'

9 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE the furniture! We never did do the convertible crib, but it is a GREAT idea. Can't wait to see the nursery all put together (hint, hint).

30 weeks already?! That's awesome; you're in the home stretch, girl!

And yum to the salmon patties and white chicken chili. We woke up to 0 degrees on the thermometer outside, so I am making chicken rice soup today. Stay warm and have a great week, Angela!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Love the furniture! What kind of bedding have you chosen?

30 weeks... oh it feels good to get to single digits! Are you still going once a month?

Can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Angela said...

Thanks ladies! We love the furniture and now I just can't wait for it to get here!

I'll post pics as soon as the nursery is set up! We have just about settled on paint colors so that should happen soon.

We are going 2x a month starting with the next visit which is in a couple weeks. Makes it more real!!

Heather stay warm! And Lizzy, can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

What an exciting time! Can't wait to see pics of your nursery:)

~Rebekah~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Rebekah~ said...

Love the furniture! We have a pretty new crib which is now recalled so we'll have to purchase a whole new nursery set.

We both like the convertable cribs as well. They seem pretty economical over time.

I love your menu's too. I've been trying to do that. It's been hard because it's just the two of us. I almost ALWAYS have leftovers for days.

I look forward to chatting with you more.

Rebekah

Angie's Spot said...

The furniture is gorgeous! And you will be SO GLAD you chose a convertible crib. That's 1 decision on both of my girls rooms that we will never regret.

Oh, and Ashlyn has asked me repeatedly what your baby's name is going to be. I told her I didn't know and she said to tell you that she NEEDS you to tell her. She's so funny! And she's very excited about helping me set up for your shower next month!

Asia said...

love your blog...will be folliwing you, look forward to new post.

CaraBee said...

LOVE that furniture! We got a convertible crib and are in the toddler stage now. Its awfully handy. I can't wait to see the finished nursery! And also, hello?! Where's the baby bump pic? Must see you with your precious belly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails