Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The Angel's message still echoes around the world: Fear not- good news! Christ is come!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

We are blessed in so many ways this year, especially with our little man set to arrive in just a couple of months! We're 29 weeks today, and I can't believe how fast it is all flying by. With everything that has been going on with my Dad's health situation, the pregnancy, getting the house ready for the baby and trying to keep up with working full time, we've had a super-busy fall and holiday season. But we did take time to put up our tree, hang our outdoor wreaths and decorate inside a bit. Here are just a couple of pics that I snagged - I haevn't even taken as many photos since I've been pregnant as I usually might. But I'm trying to get back into the swing of it becuase I know we'll take zillions once little guy arrives!

We set up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. After much hemming and hawing and yelling on hubby's part and much yelling insistence on my part (hint: pregnant woman wins!), we ventured to the tree lot to get a real, 7 foot tree. Normally I go for about 9 feet on our trees, because we put them in the great room which has high ceilings. But this year, hubby negotiated for a slightly smaller tree, given my pregnancy and his hernia. I conceded on the height issue, and with some ill grace, he conceded on the "live tree vs. artificial one" issue. I'm just not an artificial tree girl!

Typically, the wrestling of the Christmas tree (off the car, into the house, into the stand, lights on, etc.) requires lots of what hubby dubs "Christmas cheer." Normally I make fun martinis for this occasion, but obviously, that's out for me this year. So we made a peppermint 'tini for hubby,



and I celebrated the occasion with some yummy pomegranate soda. It's a beautiful color and I love it because it's all natural. This stuff comes from Whole Foods and I highly recommend it!



We watched Dickens' Christmas Carol and decorated the tree, and I don't think hubby found it as painful in the end as he thought he would.



(The hanging of the outdoor wreaths, which number 14 all told, was a different story and required a whole different argument...but in the end, we got them up!)

Pixie, meanwhile, supervised from her ever-vigilant position on the couch, whose cushions she is quickly destroying...



And best of all, we saw our first White Christmas in years!



Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

Love, Dahrlin'

5 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Sounds like things are very Merry in your neck of the woods! Love the tree, but hate that we couldn't get together before the holidays. :-( I'm STILL sick and heading back to the dr next week hopefully for the last time. I'm starting plans on the shower for February, so I'll definitely be in touch more often as that date approaches! Merry Christmas to you guys!! xoxo

Shannon said...

Your tree looks lovely! I'm an artificial tree gal... maybe one year we'll try a live one!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Love the tree!!! And wasn't the snow fabu!!!

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!!

Jane's In The Jungle said...

Great tree! My favorite is Pixie and that cute little face!!!
Wasn't the white Christmas wonderful!! Boys were out all day...but not the girl, too many toys!

CaraBee said...

How wonderful that you got some snow! And I love that pomegranate soda, too.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails