Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thought for the Day...

So, I was doing my Bible study this morning and came across this:

"A wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands, the foolish one tears hers down." Proverbs 14:1 (NIV)

Wow. So much to think about packed into such a small line of text!

Recently, as I mentioned in this post, my mind has been on my priorities and behaviors, and what changes I may need to make to them. I know that we all have the same 24 hours each day, and I just haven't felt like I've been maximizing my time and putting it toward the right things lately. Often it feels like I let the "tyrrany of the urgent" dictate what I do and when, with everything else (planned or not) seeming to fall by the wayside. We've been making some changes around the house over the last year or so to work on that, and with more energy over the last few months, but it's slow going sometimes :-)

So how about you guys? What thoughts do you have on the verse above? What changes, if any, have you made recently that you feel good about?

Love, Dahrlin'

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think of that verse more in a marriage sense...you can tear down a beautiful marriage with a few foolish actions and/or spiteful words to your spouse.

I have been living the frugal life this year, and been pretty successful at paying off bills and getting money into our savings. We're planting a garden together as a family and taking a cheap vacation. Hiking and spending time outdoors, planting flowers and playing baseball; that's what we've been up to.

Glad to hear from you! Hope you're doing well, Angela!

Angie's Spot said...

My biggest obstacle around here is clutter. And it doesn't just make me feel bad about our house. It makes me feel like I ultimately have no control over anything in my life. (i.e. my weight struggle) We made significant progress recently in that arena and had a big yard sale today, which was a success. I really feel like once we have the victory in the clutter war, things will really start to change in many aspects of my life. For the better.

Robin's Reports said...

A couple things strike me about the verse. "Wise" is from wisdom which only comes from God. God helps her build her house up or better. One who uses her own flesh, her own efforts is working in vain. It is futile since everything in this life tends to get old, rusty, filled with weeds, broken, etc. Apart from God, you can do nothing, which leads you back to Phil 4:13.
Angela, even with your 'piles', don't forget to ask God to help you prioritize, order your path and step only through doors He wants you to go through.

HTH's
R

Related Posts with Thumbnails