So here are just a few of the many things I am so thankful for this week:
(1) Jesus. We hear many reminders about how He is the "reason for the season." And He is the reason for Christmas. And because of that, Christmas is absolutely my favorite occasion of the year. But I believe He is also the reason for everything else. He gives meaning to my every day, and I can't thank Him enough for that!
(2) All my friends, including my BFF, whom I don't get to see nearly often enough, but who mean so very much to me. Thanks for coming down to visit and going with me to see New Moon. I'm glad that we are past the point in our lives where we behave like those shrieking, screaming tweens in the theater...but I'm glad to know we aren't so old or mature that we couldn't if we wanted to! Love you!
(3) Friends like Jane, who push me to remember what's really important! Hugs!
(4) The One Year Chronological Bible. This is a treasure that I just discovered about a week ago. I've always struggled to read the entire Bible - like so many things I do, I always start off with a bang and then my enthusiasm tapers off into, well, unfinished projects! But I always do better when can see the "big picture". And being able to read the Bible in the order the events happened is HUGE for someone like me. I started that last week and I'm loving it!
(5) My elliptical machine. Yes, really! Some days I hate it, but it's helping me get my rear (and the rest of me) back into shape. I've never been long on patience, and the whole "slow and steady wins the race" philosophy is a recipe for frustration to me. But I'm working on (1) baby steps, and (2) no excuses. It's my new motto, LOL!
So there you have it - this week's short list. I look forward to "meeting" some of the others over at Sonja's. Come join in!