Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

My friend Jane has badgered cajoled lovingly encouraged me to participate in this event over the last couple months. And I keep telling her I am going to particpate "this week." And I really mean that each time I say it...but as with so many other things, lately the time just gets away from me. However, I am so glad she has not given up. Because she is absolutely right to keep pushing me. If I am too busy to stop and count my blessings, then I am simply too busy!

So here are just a few of the many things I am so thankful for this week:

(1) Jesus. We hear many reminders about how He is the "reason for the season." And He is the reason for Christmas. And because of that, Christmas is absolutely my favorite occasion of the year. But I believe He is also the reason for everything else. He gives meaning to my every day, and I can't thank Him enough for that!

(2) All my friends, including my BFF, whom I don't get to see nearly often enough, but who mean so very much to me. Thanks for coming down to visit and going with me to see New Moon. I'm glad that we are past the point in our lives where we behave like those shrieking, screaming tweens in the theater...but I'm glad to know we aren't so old or mature that we couldn't if we wanted to! Love you!

(3) Friends like Jane, who push me to remember what's really important! Hugs!

(4) The One Year Chronological Bible. This is a treasure that I just discovered about a week ago. I've always struggled to read the entire Bible - like so many things I do, I always start off with a bang and then my enthusiasm tapers off into, well, unfinished projects! But I always do better when can see the "big picture". And being able to read the Bible in the order the events happened is HUGE for someone like me. I started that last week and I'm loving it!

(5) My elliptical machine. Yes, really! Some days I hate it, but it's helping me get my rear (and the rest of me) back into shape. I've never been long on patience, and the whole "slow and steady wins the race" philosophy is a recipe for frustration to me. But I'm working on (1) baby steps, and (2) no excuses. It's my new motto, LOL!

So there you have it - this week's short list. I look forward to "meeting" some of the others over at Sonja's. Come join in!

Love, Dahrlin'

6 comments:

Heather said...

It is so important to be thankful, and to focus on our blessings instead of our "want list" like we so often do...

Great post, Angela!

And now you've inspired me to get to the gym and back on the elliptical; I miss it!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Yay Angela, Whoot Whoot!!!

I'm so proud! Now go over to Sonya's and link up so you can get a big welcome!

And didn't it make ya feel good to do this?

PS Do tell...New Moon??

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Very nice Angela. Friends are very special people. I'm not so much into the material stuff.. but, it is nice to have, isn't it? Merry CHRISTmas!

Greg C said...

Welcome to Thankful Thursday. That was a really great list too. And thanks for visiting my blog.

Lori said...

So glad you joined!! I do it every week and it is such a blessing. Love your blog!!

Angie's Spot said...

Aw, I agree that we do NOT get to visit often enough! And yes, you nailed the New Moon experience right on. LOL! It was a blast seeing it with you. Hopefully we'll get to hang out again soon, without sick germs of course. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails