Monday, December 21, 2009

The Christmas Dinner Menu

Yum! One of my favorite meals of the year is our Christmas Day dinner. This year I'm trying a couple of new appetizers and cocktails, as well as making some old standbys that we love. Dad has generously provided us with an enormous tenderloin, which I prefer to more turkey. Can't wait for Friday!

Here's the plan:

Cocktails & Appetizers
-

Apple & Thyme Martinis (these sound awesome!)
Raspberry Bellinis (Dad loves)
Pecorino CrackersRed Pepper Cheesecake
Whole Wheat Pita Triangles
Celery Sticks
Cheese tray - Havarti with Dill, Brie, Roomkaas (Gouda) and Pepper Jack
Red and Green Apple Slices

Dinner


Beef Tenderloin
Sauteed Mushrooms
Gravy
Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Broccoli with Lemon Zest
Green Salad (not sure on recipe yet)
Garlic & Sundried Tomato Corn Muffins
Biscuits & Honey Butter

Desserts

Derby Pie, Vanilla Ice Cream
Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
Fudge
Christmas Cookies
My MIL's Coconut Cake

For the first time in years, I've got the whole week off. Which means I've got half a chance of getting most of this made, LOL! I'm so excited!

After eating this I'm pretty sure we won't need to eat for several days. But just in case, I'm planning breakfast casserole, herbed citrus fruit salad and olive oil muffins for breakfast over the weekend. Yum!!

Let me know what's on your menu!

Love, Dahrlin'

9 comments:

Mass Hole Mommy said...

OMG, can I please come to your house? Sounds like you are eating GOOOOOOOOD! LOL! I am making a ham (with mashed potatoes, stuffing and carrots in a maple syrup glaze) and stuffed shells. Plus about 400 desserts! LOL.

Melissa said...

I know it's not on your Christmas menu, but I will be trying those
Chicken Enchiladas!
Your Christmas menu looks soooooo delicious! Wish I was coming over!

Angie's Spot said...

Yummy yum! I'll let you know how my Christmas lasagna turns out. I am so looking forward to it! This time of year makes me wish I had a bigger space to entertain in so I could do the big dinner, but I just couldn't pull it off in this house. Maybe in the next 10 years!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh Angela, can I come hang at your house? Seriously? YUM! I'll promise to share the raspberry bellini's nicely with your dad!

CaraBee said...

That all sounds so delicious! I would probably have apoplexy trying to get all that cooked, if it were me. I'm not a bad cook, but I have a terrible time trying to get everything ready at the same time.

katherine said...

Your menu looks yummy! And that is awesome you have the whole week off and can cook and bake and cook and bake some more. Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Sounds delicious!

I'm so glad for you that you have time off of work to be able to ENJOY preparing this meal. It's so fun to entertain when you have the time to plan and have everything "just right".

I'm making a french toast casserole for Christmas morning. And for the first year in a while, we're not hosting Christmas. At first I was sad, but since I have to work on the Eve, I'm feeling relieved now.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I hope 2010 holds a special gift just for you!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Looking good girl. I smiled at the similarities of our menus. 1st though, I can attest to the apply & thyme martinis. I got it out of Giada's book. So good.

And we're having tenderloin as well with garlic smaashed potatoes and the broccoli, just a different kind of broccoli. Sounds like we'll both be stuffing our faces.

How are you roasting your tenderloin? There are so many versions but I think I may keep it simple.

Faith Imagined said...

I am so drooling!!! Beef Tenderloin for Christmas sounds awesome!!!! I normally make a Thanksgiving-type meal for Christmas but next year I may try to mix it up a bit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails