Thursday, December 24, 2009

Apple and Thyme Martinis



So it is 9 am on Christmas Eve morning, and instead of tackling the 853 things that need to happen around here (in order) before tomorrow, I am sitting here blogging... Hmmm...anyone else struggle with getting so overwhelmed that you just rebel? :-)

Meanwhile, I found this beautiful cocktail in the cookbook I'm currently reading by my favorite chef. And if you've been around here long, you know who that is! LOL!

Giada makes gorgeous martinis and bellinis, two of my favorite drinks for special occasions. This martini features two of my favorite "cooler weather" flavors - apple and thyme. The drink is fun to make (and, of course, enjoy!) so try it soon! We're having them tomorrow, along with pomegranate bellinis.



The recipe is here!

Love, Dahrlin'

9 comments:

Heather said...

Looks so festive! I'm curious about the combination of apple and thyme...sounds yummy!

Have a great time! And yes, I am totally rebelling by being on the computer when I should be in the shower, or emptying the dishwasher, or dressing Gabe...

Sigh.

Michelle said...

Rebel by procrastinating? I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have sauce sitting on the stove that's cooling while I've done nothing else for the lasagne or Caesar salad or baguettes or apple crisp I'm making for dinner tonight... that needs to be ready by 2. Ahem.

Merry Christmas, Angela -- and I'm so going for those pomegranate bellinis!

Jane In The Jungle said...

It's 11:08 Christmas Eve and I'm still waiting for kids to go to sleep so I can "play" Santa............and waiting......and waiting... so here'a an early Merry Christmas!!
Have a wonderful day!

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas!!

Angie's Spot said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you guys had a great one and I can't wait to hear how the meal plan worked out. I made Stephanie's Drop Dead Lasagna and received rave reviews!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Run by and see me when you get a chance...I've got a new look!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love this martini, I think you know that. And I love Giada and that cookbook. I'll have to make these again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

yum! Happy New Year!!

Life, Love And Lola said...

YUM!!! Sign me up!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails