Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkin Walnut Bread



This will be a quick post, because by the time you read it, I will be back in my home state, visiting our local highlands (or higher-lands, anyway!) with a fantastic group of other bloggers, including my BFF. I cannot WAIT and I am sure we will all have lots of exciting tales to tell when we return!

While I'm away, I wanted to share another yummy fall recipe I made recently. This was a new one for me, and while I like certain things about it, I think I will continue to tweak it some as I refine it. But what I loved about it, aside from the wonderful fall flavors, was that - with a little cream cheese on top - it bears more than a passing flavor resemblance to a perennial favorite of mine - carrot cake!

I managed to refrain - barely - from adding sugar to the cream cheese I put on top. (Because then, I might have to officially call it frosting, and really - why ruin something that is otherwise perfectly healthy sounding?)

Here is the recipe I tried. So far, I left out the raisins just because I'm not a huge fan of raisins mixed in with other foods. And I may tweak it a little further (if I do I will update this post). But otherwise I loved this. See how you like it!



I'll be back next week with lots of stories from our getaway weekend!

Love, Dahrlin'

3 comments:

Heather said...

Um, I don't recall getting to sample any of this bread while in our cabin...

Just sayin'. I shared my French Toast Casserole with you, you know :)

It was so great to meet you, Angela! We must keep in touch, until the next blog reunion. I'll be sending positive baby thoughts your way!

Angela said...

Great to meet you too Heather!! Hugs and happy week!

Faith Imagined said...

I love pumpkin bread! I have tried 4 recipes this past year trying to get that perfect recipe. This one sounds delicious!!! I have never tried a recipe with cornmeal or brown sugar! I am going to try this one tonight!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails