Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: The "no more turkey" menu!



I love Thanksgiving. Truly. But in my family, everyone loves the "turkey and dressing with sides" meal so much that we tend to eat it exactly as-is...until it's gone. I do have creative leftover ideas. I DO! But no one really wants any changes to it - they like it as-is, so that's what we eat. For about three and a half days, LOL! So by now, I'm pretty much over the turkey!

Whenever I have eaten heavier foods for a few days (and I definitely have this week!) I crave foods that will lighten me up again. Fresh fish, seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, generally things that don't involve gravy, condensed soup or a lot of butter and cream (bet my regular readers never thought you'd hear me say that! LOL!) So this week is about lightening up, just a little. Not too much, because it will be chilly here this week and I still crave heartier meals this time of year. But just enough to balance things from the holiday.

So here's the plan! I'm also going to post most of my breakfasts and lunches to keep me on track for the week.

Sunday:
Dinner - Halibut with Grapefruit Fennel Salsa, pasta with lemon butter, garden salad
UPDATED TO ADD - this was delicious. Even hubby liked it, and I didn't see that coming. I thought he would take a left turn at grapefruit. Or fennel. But he liked it! And I LOVED it. The perfect antidote to days of turkey, gravy and butter.

Monday (workout night):
Breakfast - Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Lunch - Lemon chicken soup, blueberry oat and banana muffin for "dessert"
Dinner - Garlic Lime Chicken, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Wilted Spinach

Tuesday (cooking night):
Breakfast - Herbed Egg Omelette Sammy
Lunch - Chicken ragu, whole grain garlic toast
Dinner - Honey Apple Pork, Green Beans with Kale, Roasted Potatoes

Wednesday (workout night):
Breakfast - Smoothie
Lunch - with friends
Dinner - Salmon with Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Basil and Lemon

Thursday (cooking night):
Breakfast - Omelette Sammy
Lunch - Salmon pasta leftovers
Dinner - Cajun Meatloaf (I think I've mentioned that this is the new favorite meal in our house!), Corn, Peas

Friday (I need to workout, so let's call this a workout night too!):
Breakfast - Smoothie
Lunch - Meatloaf leftovers
Dinner - My brother in law will be arriving for a visit - we may go out for pizza or order Chinese

Saturday:
Dinner - Balsamic BBQ Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli

Happy week to all, and for more menu inspiration, head on over to Orgjunkie!

Love, Dahrlin'

UPDATED TO ADD - on the couponing front, grocery goal for this week was $50. We hit it exactly. YAY!

2 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Hi Angela!

Glad you could stop by today! Your menu sounds great. I'm definitely going to try the cajun meatloaf recipe. DH loves cajun food, so this would be right up his alley.

Blessings,
Lisa

Angela said...

Hi Lisa! Do try the meatloaf. It's my hubby's new favorite and I love it as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails