Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Knitty Update

It's been a while since I posted an update on my current knitting project. After last year's issues with my neck problem, it was a while before knitting was comfortable again. And then in the summer, we're out by the pool a lot in our free time, and holding something wool in my lap in the heat is not really fun. But fall always brings me back to this project, and I love the progress so far.

For those new to my blog, I'm working on this afghan project. I adore bright colors and contrasts, and I love this pattern. So here is my block 13 of 24 for the afghan. I don't have a great place to photograph these in natural light, but I tried to get a ray of sunlight in there so you can see the truest color:



I pulled out the finished blocks to compare colors, and the latest skeins I have knitted are more muted than the first, more jewel-tone hues that I prefer. But that's what's available at the moment, so I think they will all blend nicely. (And yes, the egg-crate texture of the knitting is correct - it will flatten later as it's blocked).

This is about as crafty as I get outside scrapbooking, so I am really enjoying the project!

Love, Dahrlin'

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm impressed. I think learning to knit would be so soothing. But ummm you lost me at block :)

Lora said...

Can't wait to see it all finished! This block is really beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails