Sunday, September 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Summer into Fall!



How is it Monday again already?

Fall is my favorite season and, therefore, always seems to fly by. I can't believe it's already the middle of September! Days are (marginally) cooler, nights are definitely cooler, and on weekend mornings I can have my coffee outside and actually feel a little chilly. That doesn't stop me from sitting outside, as I LOVE to feel the weather turning cooler. But hubby was actually shivering this morning! I laughed, because it was only 68, so I could not dredge up a lot of sympathy!

So, on to this week's menu plan. We are finally getting back to a more routine life, and this week is all about eating well and getting back into working out. We'll take advantage of some of the meal kits I made a few weeks ago, and I'm brown-bagging lunch each day except for Wednesday (standing lunch with friends). I'm also bringing out a few of our cooler weather favorites, and I'm culling through favorite recipes for cooler months to add to upcoming plans.

To help with eating well, I'm also going to post my breakfasts and lunches to keep me on track mentally. Here's the plan:

Sunday:
Dinner - Garlic Lime Chicken, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Monday (workout night):
Breakfast - Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Lunch - Pepper Jack Club Pita with Avocado; Grapes
Dinner - Chicken Broccoli Braid (a true one-dish favorite!)

Tuesday (cooking night):
Breakfast - Herbed Egg Omelette Sammy
Lunch - Same Pita as Monday; Peach
Dinner - Cajun Meatloaf (I literally crave this once a week now), Creamy Bow Tie Pasta (a new one to try), Garlicky Green Beans

Wednesday (workout night):
Breakfast - Smoothie
Lunch - with friends
Dinner - leftover Cajun Meatloaf and Pasta

Thursday (cooking night):
Breakfast - Omelette Sammy
Lunch - Meatloaf or Club Pita; Grapes
Dinner - Tilapia with Baby Limas

Friday (I need to workout, so let's call this a workout night too!):
Breakfast - Smoothie
Lunch - Honey Roasted PB&J; Peach
Dinner - Pepper Steak with Rice

Saturday: No idea what we'll eat for the day yet - but we're going to see Journey with some friends. Can't wait!!

Happy week to all, and for more menu inspiration, head on over to Orgjunkie!

Love, Dahrlin'

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I can't imagine doing a protein shake for a meal. Can you do that and not starve? I'm SO enjoying my granola I made a double batch of last week. Toss a little plain yogurt atop it and YUM :)

But I'm really most intrigued by the honey roasted PB&J? I don't eat the PB part, but still interested!

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK my favorite was the "Lunch with friends"!!! I could go for one of those! Glad to see you back girl!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yay, so good to "see" you post!!!!! I know you're excited to get back into the swing of things. Miss ya :)

Jane In The Jungle said...

You know I'm gonna keep at you until you join us on Thursday!!

Faith Imagined said...

I love 'lunch with friends'!

Angela said...

Michelle - no worries - that's only a prelude to coffee, with breakfast to come later, LOL!

Find the "honey roasted fresh ground peanut butter" at Whole Foods! It's super yummy!

Jane - LOL Thanks and yes, we love our weekly lunch. Three of us go to our favorite Cuban place.

Steph - thanks for missing me!! I miss you too! I am so glad the Spongebob Birthday went great and your decorations were beautiful!

Jane - I definitely will join up, soon! I promise!

Alisa - thanks for visiting and for sharing a great blog with us today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails