Monday, September 28, 2009

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread



Ummm...yummmmm...

We tried this one this weekend, and I'm still a happy girl as of Monday night, because I had some more of this with lunch AND dinner. Sooooo good. I like this recipe as a combination of our favorite cheese muffins and cornbread, with a little kick in there from the jalapenos.

Now, this is an Ina Garten recipe. Which, in my experience, means it will be a lot like a PW recipe. It will be VERY good, and it will contain a LOT of butter. Both true in this case. If you're afraid of butter, run now! But seriously...this is too good to pass up. If you're running, turn around quick!

(Still here?)

Yeah, I thought so!! Whether we'll admit it or not, butter makes the world go 'round. Really. Don't believe me? Try going a day without it. You'll be sad!

Nah, just kidding. But really, I would be very sad!!

So here's a GREAT recipe to try with chili (as we did), burgers, soups...really just about any fall and winter food you feel like pairing it with. This one is worth trying very soon!!

Recipe is here.

My notes - this is called a cornbread, but really has more of a muffin texture. Crumbly like a cake or muffin, but the crust is deliciously crispy and buttery like a cornbread. Hubby liked it fine, but disagreed that it was truly a cornbread. LOL! I didn't much care what we called it; I just wanted to eat some more. Also, I doubled the amount of jalapenos and green onions, and it was perfect. I think next time I may try it with pepper jack cheese, as another layer of flavor (we like things spicy!)

Hope you enjoy!

For more yummy recipe inspiration, head over to Lisa's for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!



Love, Dahrlin'

12 comments:

darnold23 said...

Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday. I would love to see your favorite slow cooker recipes posted there. I love this cornbread! YUMMY! Thanks. Debbie

Tracey said...

Wow - looks delicious! I'm off to check out the recipe!

shopannies said...

bet those would go great with a big pot of ham n beans

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love jalepeno cornbread. This looks like a good version! And, I love Ina!Happy TMTT.

CaraBee said...

That sounds absolutely delish! I love cornbread and all things spicy. Can you make some for EE? :)

Michelle said...

I don't do cornbread, but that looks great! You need to enter that in Best Foodie Foto with Laura. Beautiful... it almost makes me want to eat it :)

Life, Love And Lola said...

Love jalapeno cornbread!!!! YUM!!!

Knatolee said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! I am not afraid of butter.

Faith Imagined said...

I am in looooove with corn bread! I will have to give this recipe a try!

BTW, is this a new blog design? It is so cute and fun!

Live.Love.Eat said...

How did I miss this last week? Wow girl, looks awesome. I would like this better than just the regular corn muffins or bread. The jalapeno and the cheddar? Hmmmmm.

Hugs!

A "cheery" disposition said...

wow, mouthwatering! looks so good. and your blog layout is fablous.

Brandy said...

I agree with Cara. This would be PERFECT for EE's mexican night. YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails