Saturday, September 26, 2009

Catch-up week - The New Car!

Okay guys, I know it's been forever since blogged regularly. I'm baby-stepping my way back into a good routine for fall, and in the meantime I'll be posting a few "catchup" items to let you know what's been going on around here.

First, a little background. Hubby and I tend to keep things until they wear out, only replacing stuff as needed. Hence, I've had the same car for 12 years. We've known for a while that my car would soon need replacing or else major repairs. We've been stalling on that for months, trying to see how far we could push our luck. But at the beginning of this month hubby declared, ever so sweetly, the news that I've waited several years now to hear:

"Honey, it's time we got you a new car."

Seems pretty easy, right? But no. Some of you know that hubby and I are both attorneys. And you just know that two lawyers can't agree on anything that easily.

Ready for the funny part? We had to argue , for days, because he wanted us to get the 2009 model, and I wanted the 2008. I knew exactly the car I wanted, but I liked the older body style, etc. and he wanted the deal we could get on the new year. I know, I'm bizarre. What woman wouldn't want a brand new car? We looked for a couple months for the 2008 TL (which body style I preferred) but could not find the color combo I wanted (no more black interior - too hot here in the South!)

Fast forward - hubby won. LOL! He correctly predicted that when I saw the package of technology goodies that comes on the '09, I would cave immediately. The 2009 has a, shall we say, bold exterior style that people either love or hate. I was in the latter group at first, but it's growing on me, and to keep it real - I really don't care, once I'm inside, what the outside looks like, LOL!

So here's a pic of the new baby. I will have to admit, I did not shed a lot of tears to say goodbye to my old car, though she took great care of me for many years!




I can wholeheartedly recommend the Acura TL if you're in the market for a new car. Any Acura, actually - this model year was the first time in history that the Institute for Highway Safety awarded its highest safety rating to every single model in a manufacturer's model year. Every 2009 Acura got the highest possible rating.

I highly recommend them!

So I hope everyone's having a GREAT weekend and I will be by to catch up and say hi!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice new car, although what you were doing with a black interior, I'll never know. I go light interior, and I'm in Chicago! (And no leather because that gets too hot, too.) Enjoy that new car. And come bck to bloging for real soon.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh a new baby!!! Congratualtions!!!
It's beautiful. I agree no black leather, I went with tan leather this time around! You are bringing it to EE, right???
And I did not know you were an attorney! Which will come in handy for the bar room brawls and hoochin' on the streets....LOL!

CaraBee said...

LOVE the new car! My car has black leather and I probably wouldn't get it again.

Angela said...

Thanks Michelle! When I bought my last car, the only interior color offering for black exterior was black interior. I had no choice or believe me, I would never have gone with the black :-)

Jane - yep, this time I got the lightest possible interior, which is much better! And yes, I'm bringing it to EE! Can't wait!!

Hi Cara! Yeah, I definitely would not do black interior again. At the time, I really wanted the black exterior badly enough to take the black interior, but I wouldn't do that again!

Live.Love.Eat said...

That safety rating is going to come in handy for the day a little one is strapped in in the back. Just sayin'.

Congratulations girl. I remember you were reading the manual from front to back but it's great to see a pic.

Connordog said...

Congrats on the new car! Its about time!!! ;)

Angie's Spot said...

Ok, I think I have been terribly remiss in commenting on how AWESOME the new wheels are! I can't wait to the new girl in person. Woo hoo!! Congrats girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails