Saturday, July 4, 2009

I can no longer stand...

...the lack of blogging going on in this house. We've been crazy busy, and I promise I am going to catch you up on what we've been up to in the last few weeks, but first, I have got to get back into at least a little of my usual routine. I just can't stand it anymore, LOL! So without further ado, this will be a quick post just to say hi, we are alive, and more updates will be forthcoming!

One area I've tried to get back into this week is my couponing. We've spent tons of money lately on "extras" like travel and unexpected household repairs, so saving $ is even more of a priority at the moment. So I also want to give another shout out to Jenny over at Southern Savers. I think I've mentioned this before, but Jenny posts the deals for various stores every week. She focuses on the southern states, but there are others like her all over the country, so find your local site and start saving!

If you've missed my prior posts on how to play the CVS game, check out the labels on the right sidebar of my site, or (even better) check out Jenny's tips on how to play. This week's deals were not too exciting at CVS, but we actually came out great and I am very happy with what we picked up. I had some ECBS' I had to use before tomorrow, and I had a couple good coupon matches for sale items. So hubby and I went in yesterday and picked up these items:



Included in the purchase - 2 full-size bodywashes, 2 full-size toothpastes, 2 deodorants and 2 full-size Tums.

Ready for the totals?

We paid $2.68 and walked out with $7.00 in ECB's for future use. That's a net gain of more than $4. Not too bad for a ho-hum sale week!

Happy to be saving $ (AND blogging!) again!

Love, Dahrlin'

PS I will be around this week to see what all of you guys have been up to. I miss you!! Have a great and safe 4th! MWAH!

7 comments:

Janet said...

Nice trip! I didn't make it to CVS at all this week.

Angie's Spot said...

Great savings! I'm heading to CVS tomorrow to do some shopping. I'm crossing my fingers for some great deals because I've got several ECB's burning a hole in my pocket. LOL!

Michelle said...

Oh suuuuuure you'll be blogging again soon :) You've been quite busy, and I hope you're enjoying the long weekend and some good weather down there! And nicely done with CVS!

katherine said...

Yea for CVS! I've already looked through the new CVS booklet this morning and there's a lot to work with this week. Yippeeeeeeee!

CaraBee said...

I definitely need to get on the coupon bandwagon because everyone I know that really does it saves some serious cash.

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK, OK you've convinced me....I'll check out the CVS gravy train.


PS Thanks of the Michael J Fox Foundation suggestion, that's one I had not thought of!

Robin's Reports said...

Hey girl,
I'm heading back to CVS myself for more coupons & savings later this week.

We use colgate & same lady's deoderant as you. LOL. I knew I liked you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails