Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day in Miami!

I haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth, I promise! We've just been super busy the last few weeks. It feels like life has been going 400 miles an hour lately. Crazy busy, but in a good way :-) I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll be around soon to say hi and leave bloggy comment love, I promise! In the meantime, I wanted to show you a few pics from our Memorial Day getaway. We had a great time!

This past weekend, we went to Miami for a friend's son's wedding. We stayed at the Westin Diplomat Resort, which was just gorgeous. It's slightly up the road from Miami, but only a half hour drive. I think it must be pretty new, and it was luxurious from top to bottom! I can recommend it highly if you are in the Hollywood/Hallandale Beach area.



Even the lobby is beautiful, with a number of soothing fountains (I love water!), all done in black granite. It was really lovely. We had a great time just wandering around and enjoying the scenery, inside and out!



I also love palm trees, and we don't have many in Atlanta ;-) So these were fun to see as well. At night, they've got them all lit up.



We had a GREAT view from our room - and the height of the building made it feel like we were on a cruise ship - that feeling of looking out your window and seeing nothing but water.



Our room was an ocean view on the 20th floor, which was tons of fun - a little dizzying when you step out onto the balcony, but beautiful! I'm not too terrified of heights, but the fact that the balcony railing only came to a couple inches above my waist made my stomach flip anytime I got to the actual edge and looked down. It was a LONG way down there!



The pool was awesome as well - a two-level creation with a big hole in the middle (you can see through to the bottom pool from above). That feature was a big hit with kids (of all ages, LOL) and the "upstairs" pool was our favorite - a little better breeze at that level.



After we'd had enough sun for the day, we were able to go back to our balcony for some champagne. And - notice my other favorite item there on the table? Yep, that's me. So in love with Twilight that I was perfectly happy to lug a hardback book through the airports, on planes and trains and automobiles. (I can't be without my Edward, y'all.)



At night, the views were equally stunning - here's the pool deck all lit up for the evening... try clicking on the pic to see it a little better.



And in another version of a light display, we saw the most amazing lightning on Monday evening. Out over the water, it was literally lightning constantly. Check out this video - sorry for the loud wind noise - that's what happens on the 20th floor :-) But the lightning was truly amazing.

video

Hope you enjoyed the photo tour, and I WILL be back to posting regularly soon. Miss you guys!

Love, Dahrlin'

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh very cool! I love lightning shows -- especially over water. And now I feel the need to go on a cruise. Hmmm I wonder if the wee ones are old enough now. What a fun vacation -- and glad I don't have to send you that email now wondering where you are!

Angela said...

Thanks Michelle! I definitely need to keep in better touch - and blog more - when friends start wondering where I am! Thanks for worrying! :-)

And it was a really nice getaway. Hubby and I are already planning to go back!

Connordog said...

Looks like you had a great time! I would never have left the pool!

How did Pixie do?

Lora said...

Looks like a fun trip! We have been crazy busy, too. Right now we're in Orange Beach, AL for a little relaxation before we move to AR next week.

t.t. millers said...

Gorgeous photos! Especially the POOL! It looks like a great place to vacation. I hope you had a good time.

Robin's Reports said...

We want to go see the double pools too. How cool is that?

Jack's grandma lived (& is buried) in Hollywood, FL.

Hey, did you ever buy that property?

Jane In The Jungle said...

LOVE the lightening!! There really is nothing like a storm over the ocean!

Angie's Spot said...

WOW! That video was great! I love watching lightening storms like that. I've never seen one over the water, so that was cool. And yes, the hotel is gorgeous. I predict a girls weekend in the MIA for U&I sooner than later. MWAH!

Related Posts with Thumbnails