Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love accessories!

I know, I know - long time, no blog! Catch up post coming soon, I promise!

Meanwhile, we went to a JDRF fundraiser* last night, which was tons of fun. And I'm not even hungover much. As part of the fun, I won this adorable little thing in the silent auction. I got into a bit of a bidding war over it, actually, but I REALLY wanted it, so I might have overpaid slightly won, of course. And it's for an excellent cause... (I really do feel badly for the poor lady who was bidding against me, because she definitely didn't know who she was messing with).



It's a purse, of course, but it can also be used as a jewelry box. Too cute!! I love to travel, so it caught my eye immediately. Only for special occasions, but I love it already!



Happy weekend, and happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Love, Dahrlin'

*(I am adding this as a footnote only because the overall tone of this post is meant to be lighthearted. But there is nothing lighthearted about diabetes. If you're not familiar with this cause, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself and consider giving if you feel led, becuase there is a good chance someone you know is struggling with this awful disease.)

6 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

That purse is fierce! Way cool!

Jake's brother was diagnosed with JD at 11 years old. Type 1, so he's been sticking his fingers and giving himself insulin multiple times a day for almost 20 years. I can't even imagine! It worries me for my kids since it's now in the family history, but I know what happens will happen. JDRF is a fab cause to support!

Angela said...

Yes, we all need to be aware. I am sorry to hear about Jake's brother! I didn't realize that.

But you'll love the purse. Can't wait to see ya!

Lora said...

Very cute, Angela! Congrats on winning:)

Robin's Reports said...

Hey.... bidding wars & overpaying for a good cause is allowed. We seem to do this every time our youth group does a fundraiser.

I really like your purse/ jewelry-makeup container.

Michelle said...

Oh that is SO fun! I love it. And I can see why you'd beat out a poor little old lady for it. Meanie :)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Wow girl I would've been knocking you in the floor for that one, LOL!!
Fun and funky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails