Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saved!

That word has a lot of different meanings in our language. But there's no Savings Roundup this week - all the deals at CVS this week were for stuff we didn't need, and I decided to pass on the chance to buy stuff I knew we would not use. As I go along in the CVS game I may get to the point where I take them up on freebies that we won't be able to use and donate them, but I didn't make it over there this week. I'm hoping for a fun week next week! So stay tuned!

Meanwhile, as Easter is approaching and today is Palm Sunday, I wanted to share a different kind of savings story with you.

This is one of my absolute favorite stories in the Bible.

I love the simplicity of the message, and the fact that God puts the "cookies" (the message) on the lower shelf for people like me who otherwise can get bogged down in trying to parse every detail. He made this one so simple and so real that we can't really mess it up :-) Another of my favorite pastors reminds his listeners that Christians should always share Christ as "beggars telling other beggars where they found bread." So I hope you'll accept this message in that light. It takes just a moment to read, but there is such power in this story.

This Easter I am thankful for each of you who reads this - and I pray that if you don't know Christ, this story will touch your heart and encourage you to seek Him. If you are a Christian, be reminded of His grace - He is mighty to save!!

Love and happy almost-Easter!

Dahrlin'

4 comments:

Michelle said...

See -- this is partly why I haven't gotten into the CVS thing. I don't want to buy stuff I won't use. And we don't use much stuff? Not that I've looked into it too much... but I know I need to.

OH! And guess what I made for dinner :) Yum!

Angela said...

LOL how did you like the potatoes?!

Robin's Reports said...

I got my $2.50 CVS coupon but that's as far as I got with that. But, I went to BJ's w/ my coupon book and saved $38!!

I love your jalapeno=chicken recipe. I might make that for the boys.
I'm looking forward to reading your "saved" links

Live.Love.Eat said...

Happy ALMOST EASTER to you too!!!!! I will come back and read this Bible Story. Although Christ is in my heart I still have a lot to learn from the Bible. So I will be back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails