Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Provencal Pork Stew (Tempt My Tummy Tuesday)



This time of year, at least where we live, the weather is very unpredictable. Sometimes it's just plain cold, and sometimes it's lovely (like Sunday) - but other times, we can go from a low of 26 early in the week to 70 degrees in about 36 hours. That type of change usually comes (as it did this Friday) along with a truly violent storm system. As expected, we got tornadoes, hail, lightning and a torrential downpour Friday evening. Can't say they didn't warn us, but it's still no fun.

Meanwhile, this kind of weather leaves me craving comfort food. In the evenings, it's still quite chilly, and the lighter dishes I often prepare in summer just don't cut it - it's not that warm yet! So this is a favorite of mine that evokes spring, while being rich and satisfying.

You may have noticed I'm getting lazy about typing out the recipes, but I figure it's actually probably easier for you to print the recipe at its source and then add any of my notes as you wish. So here you go! Recipe is here. When I make this, I find the leftovers perfect for lunches during the week, so I freeze leftovers in serving-size containers. I also typically use Kalamata olives, just because my market has them handy (and pitted! just double check if you buy pitted, as sometimes they actually aren't, and that's ouchy.) I also make sure to brown the pork in two batches, as it simply won't brown in one batch (you'll end up boiling it instead, and ...ewww.) So trust me that it's worth the extra few minutes to brown in batches.



Hope you enjoy! You can serve this with just about anything. Much cheaper than airfare to France, but you won't miss out on the flavors!

For more tempting dishes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

Love, Dahrlin'

8 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey girl. I haven't been up this early in forevah! But I had to link to TMTT which I forgot to do last night and then I said hey let's visit my girl before I go get coffee started.

THIS looks delish. I love pork tenderloin and I am with you on the browning, otherwise you get some gray stuff - not appetizing. Have a great day my friend!!!!

Samantha said...

Hi Angela,
I always enjoy your recipes on Tuesday, this sounds so good.
Family loves pork tenderloin, so I cant wait to try this.
Thanks again for sharing and have a truly blessed day !

Pami said...

thanks for sharing I will have to try this looks really good

Brenda said...

Looks good!

Michelle said...

I love the Le Creuset. It's my fave :) Good color, too! Sounds yummy... and I'm so with you on needing comfort food right now!

UnfinishedMom said...

How come yours looks so much tastier than the one with the recipe? :)

Angela said...

Thanks Steph! I am so honored that you stopped by here first!

Samantha - thank you for visiting each Tuesday! Hope you had a great week!

Pami - you are welcome and please let me know how you guys like this!

Brenda, thanks for coming by!

Michelle - you know I love my Le Creuset, LOL!

Unfinished Mom - thank you for the sweet compliment! My photography skills aren't great, but I'm working on it!

Angie's Spot said...

Pork tenderloin is so yummy! Another thing I'll have to try out in the Le Creuset!

Related Posts with Thumbnails