Monday, April 6, 2009

Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas - Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

One of our favorite Mexican dishes is a recipe that I found years ago, in a Quick Cooking subscription. We both loved it and it has been on our favorites list ever since! As with most recipes of its kind, you could definitely play around with it and modify as you see fit, but we like it just as it is. I do have a few tips for you, but mostly we make this one as directed.

It's handy as a freezer meal (as you'll read in the recipe) if you want to make one casserole to eat now, and one for later. And leftovers reheat well - reheat uncovered at about 350 for 10 mins or so. Yum! Hubby considers this one restaurant-quality - and when it comes to Mexican, he is a true connoisseur, LOL! His favorite cuisine!



The only things I recommend changing are (1) grill the chicken - it adds immeasurably to the flavor (about 2 large chicken breasts needed per 9x13 pan), and (2) grate your own cheddar cheese (it melts so much better - and it's cheaper!). You don't have to flavor the grilled chicken with anything, but you certainly can. You can also add a can of green chiles (if you like things extra spicy) or add the chiles and omit the jalos. If you're really sensitive to heat you could just do bell pepper instead of the chiles. We like all variations and I usually make it whichever way based on the ingredients I have on hand - I keep diced jalapenos in the freezer, but occasionally I am out.

Anyway, here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy!



For more wonderful meal ideas, check out Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays over at Blessed with Grace and Right Here Right Now!

Love, Dahrlin'

10 comments:

Pami said...

WOW those look great

Samantha said...

Hi Angela, These look and sound so delicious, will try very soon ! Thanks so much for sharing, have a blessed day.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Creamy
Jalapeno
Chicken
Enchiladas
Mexican

Those are 5 of my favorite words in the English language. The 4 of us would get along great since Mexican is hub's favorite food. Well, one of them. Mine too. Looks delicious girl!

Michelle said...

Mmm, yum! I was confused for a moment when I missed the link and couldn't find the recipe but ... then I got it :)

And yep - I'm with you on grating your own cheese. The stuff they put in it/on it to keep it from sticking together is just nasty. In my little world anyway! This I'll have to make sometime soon.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

WOW, those look great. I am bookmarking this post! Thanks for sharing and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Brenda said...

I love white enchiladas, these look great!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

I love enchiladas. You did a great job on these.

teachermomof2 said...

Hi Angela~ Those sound fabulous! I will definitely put that recipe in my to try file.

Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed Easter!

Lisa

Lora said...

Wow. These look so good, Angela! Mexican food is our favorite, too. I'll have to try this recipe out! Thanks!

Angie's Spot said...

These look yummy! I'll do without the jalapenos though. Yuck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails