Monday, March 16, 2009

Two New Recipes (Tempt My Tummy Tuesday)

Happy Tuesday!

We've tried several new recipes recently, and this is one I can wholeheartedly recommend. Giada has never let me down, and this is another winner. Chicken or Steak with Balsamic BBQ Sauce. Hubby LOVES it, which makes it a definite keeper around here. And as Giada mentions, I think it would be good on really any meat - steak, pork or chicken.

I will link you to the recipe as opposed to posting it, but I have a couple notes on the recipe. First, it's a great one to make ahead for lunches later in the week. Secondly, because the sauce is cooked, you can add more to your finished chicken without that "cold sauce out of the bottle" taste. You'll see a better photo toward the end of this post, but we made a few extra pieces because chicken was on sale this week:



Next, I tried a second recipe that caught my eye recently. While browsing the March issue of Gourmet (a great print and online resource, and NOT difficult cooking, as the name might otherwise lead you to believe), I found this little gem: Panfried Smashed Potatoes. And let me tell you, it's definitely going into our regular menu rotation. Ohhhh so good, and not unhealthy (lightly friend in olive oil, which is great for you!). The recipe I tried reminds me of PW's post on Crash Hot Potatoes. Hers are baked instead of fried, and I may try that next. But by boiling the potatoes in the same pan I fried them in, I saved myself washing a separate baking sheet, so I will probably keep this method for now. Meanwhile, you can see our version of the potatoes in the dinner below. They came out so well and we both loved them!



For more wonderful meal ideas, check out Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays over at Blessed with Grace!

Happy week!

Love, Dahrlin'

11 comments:

Lora said...

Wow! Those sound like yummy recipes, I'll have to try those soon. I love dressings/sauces with balsamic vinegar.

Connordog said...

The chicken looks VERY yummy! I will try that this week!

I made an awesome lemon chicken soup on Sunday night. VERY much a comfort food and enough left over to freeze.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Everything looks beautiful. I will be trying the balsamic one like we talked about. The crushed potatoes are also a favorite of mine. I have a different crushed potato recipe but it's pretty much the same. Isn't it amazing how just a simple process of making the potatoes makes all the difference in the world. Looks awesome girl!!!!!

Samantha said...

Looks so delicious, cant wait to try ! Have a great day, thank you for sharing !

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the links to these recipes and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

lana said...

This one looks so good. LOVE this!

newlyweds said...

Looks divine!

Michelle said...

Oooo, those look great. I think I need to go check out those smashed potatoes. I would never have tried them wihtout that picture though ;)

And the cold sauce from the bottle? THAT is exactly why I can't eat spaghetti leftovers that have sauce on them when refrigerated.

Angie's Spot said...

Wow, my tummy is rumbling! Both of those recipes looked great. I might have to try those for dinner tomorrow!

teachermomof2 said...

Laura~
Those recipes sound great. I have BBQ chicken and PW's potatoes on my recipe list for the next 2 weeks, so I may have to give these recipes a try!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a blessed day!
Lisa

extraordinaryordinarylife said...

Wow, that food looks so good. I am definitely going to try that sauce because it looks pretty easy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will definitely be checking more into your's.

Related Posts with Thumbnails