Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday's Savings Roundup

Good morning!

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I have discovered the fun and savings to be had with taking couponing seriously (something I never managed to do before). The primary website I am relying on to learn from was shared by my BFF and is called Southern Savers. That site ROCKS and Jenny (its author) is my money-saving heroine, LOL! I don't know where she finds the time, but she does a marvelous job of keeping the rest of us informed as to what, and where, the deals are every day.

I'm having so much fun (particularly with CVS because it's quicker and easier than major grocery runs) and thought I would share my savings highlights for the week. So far this week it's only been CVS, but we'll go to Publix today or tomorrow as well. I don't yet have a ton of coupons stockpiled, but we saved $35 there last week and I'm hoping to do at least that well this week.

This week's CVS run produced $9 in ECB's (this is like CVS cash that you can use to buy anything in the store) and a coupon for $4 off my next $20 or more purchase (Katherine, I'm seeing a ton of those $4 off...hope you are finding some too!) So far I'm sticking only to things we would buy/use normally, so I'm passing up some deals where we could get ECB's (just because I don't really need/want the item even if it's free).

Our total cost before sales and coupons: $60.18
Total paid out of pocket: $32.04 (plus tax)
Saved: $28.14 or 47%!
ECB's and coupons remaining: $9 ECB and $4 off $20.

Now, I'm off to make my list for Publix. Happy weekend and happy shopping!

Love, Dahrlin'

4 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

That's incredible. Sassy Stephanie from Our Piece of Quiet is falling in love with this too, like you. I have yet to check it out. Hope you're having a good weekend!

Angie's Spot said...

You go girl! I got $17 worth of stuff at CVS today for $1. I was so psyched! And then I managed to get a free 14lb Butterball turkey at Publix (worth $22) because I called them on a sign that was incorrect on a display. I felt a little bad about it until the manager on duty gave me a death look when I pointed out the sign. I didn't expect to get the item for free, but now wish I had picked up the most expensive bird they had. LOL!

Angela said...

Steph - you've got to check it out! It's crazy!

Angie - that is AWESOME! I was annoyed today upon going to Publix and the sign saying BOGO, when actually they only gave me buy 3 get one free (coke 12 packs). GRRR!

I should have called them on it!

Michelle said...

Nicely done. I keep rereading the email you sent me on CVS, and for some reason I can't quite do it. :) My brain isn't functioning. I think I just need to go there. Would you believe that I've never been IN a CVS? Yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails