Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Frugal, Week...

What week IS it, anyway?! LOL!

The weeks just keep on flying by around here - faster with every Monday! And this one will come extra quickly, with Daylight Savings Time and "losing" an hour. Anyone else hate this? Can I get a show of hands of others who understand how it works, but still, like me, feel like they're losing an hour off their life every year? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Why can't they just let things happen naturally?

Sigh. Anyway,

On to the menu plan. I'm back to planning menus after a few weeks of winging it. We've both been trying to work out more in the evenings, and both have had to work late a bit recently, which hasn't left us a lot of time for cooking. But we'll be getting back to it this week, continuing with our "freezer and pantry meals." What began as a plan to use up some things and save a little $ has turned into quite the surprise - it's already March, and we've still got food in the pantry and freezer, LOL! I can't figure out how we keep going with this, because I really haven't bought much in the way of food (except produce) recently. I think we can probably make it two more weeks, anyway, before we have to restock a little. Which will be about the right timing. We've saved some by eating more repetitively (making Italian, Mexican and Asian type meals that are good for several dinners during a week). But, after a couple months of this I'm getting a little bored - and I miss cooking!!

So this week will feature a couple standby meals - things you've seen here before, but which work well for freezer and pantry cooking. Then I plan to make a few different things and maybe try some new ones that have caught my eye recently - we'll see how it goes!



Here's this week's list:

Sunday: Two new ones to try - Balsamic BBQ Grilled Chicken, Panfried Smashed Potatoes, and Garlic Butter Green Beans, with Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits for dessert

Monday: Make your own take-out - Chinese Pepper Steak, Brown Rice, Lemony Broccoli

Tuesday: (workout night) Sesame Pork Stir Fry, Brown Rice

Wednesday: Sausage, Bean, Tomato and Kale Ragout, Garlic Toast

Thursday: (workout night) Skillet Mushroom Chicken, Corn, Green Beans

Friday: Cheese Tortelloni with Marinara, Lemony Chard

Saturday: Friends coming over - menu to be determined!

For more menu ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday hosted by Orgjunkie!!

Love, Dahrlin'

4 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Friday night sounds like my favorite meal! Viva Italia!

I have managed to stay away from the new Biba's thus far. Thankfully, the only day I drive by there is on Monday mornings when I do my grocery shopping at Publix. And they aren't open that early in the morning. LOL!

Good luck with the meals and workouts this week! You can do it!

xoxo

Michelle said...

I'm with Angie -- the cheese tortellini sounds yummy :) And the ragout, of course! Good luck cooking .. although I do think it's kinda funny that you don't consider what you've BEEN doing cooking.

Angela said...

Angie - yep, you know I love Italian! I need to make some marinara between now and then though. I'm out, LOL!

Michelle - I know, I'm bizarre. But unless I get to try something new, or cook a fresh meal (I hate leftovers), etc. I just don't feel like I got to cook. I'm weird.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I looked up that balsamic chicken recipe from Giada and wow, she received a 5 star rating with over 270 reviews. Must be good!!!! You're doing great with this menu plan girl!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails