Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Atkins Park Pork Tenderloin

Happy Tuesday Y'all - and a special shout-out to all who are visiting from Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! Check out other wonderful recipes at TMTT every week!

Today I'm posting one of my truly all-time favorite recipes.
Long time readers of this blog have seen me reference this recipe more than once - that's how much I love it. It converts beautifully to a freezer meal (the same type of idea as Super Suppers, but you make these yourself). And it's quick and easy for a weeknight meal - but it's true restaurant food made at home. What more can you ask for, LOL?

There is a little bit of a story behind this recipe. Atkins Park is one of my favorite restaurants here in Atlanta. Before our last move, we lived near one and I met my friend Steph there all the time for yummy dinners. They have a fantastic menu all year round, but after tasting this pork dish I rarely managed to order anything else. I so badly wanted to figure out the recipe that I wrote to our local paper asking for it. They have a feature column where you can request any restaurant recipe and they will see if the chef is willing to share it. Thankfully, mine was answered and voila, I had in hand the recipe for Bourbon Pork Tenderloin. I rushed home to make it and have been making it ever since - always with delicious results. It's super easy and hubby-approved!

As a side note, don't laugh that we're still serving brown rice as nearly every side dish for posted meals lately ;-) Remember we're working off our Four Months of Frugal Meal Planning. I have developed a true love for the stuff with butter, a little salt and lots of black pepper stirred in. It has a risotto-like texture that is totally unlike white rice. And it's guilt free!

So here you go - the recipe and photo to go along with the dish you keep seeing pop up on my menu plans. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

Atkins Park Bourbon Pork Tenderloin



Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes,
plus 1 hour or more for marinating
(Also makes a great freezer meal kit!)

3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup bourbon
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
5 shallots, sliced
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
1 1/2 pounds trimmed pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

In a large bowl, combine broth, bourbon, teriyaki sauce, teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, brown sugar, shallots and rosemary. Reserve half the mixture for the glaze, and use half as marinade. Marinate the pork tenderloin for at least 1 to 2 hours (if making as a freezer meal, freeze meat in the marinade with glaze in a separate ziploc bag). After marinating, drain meat.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Brown meat on both sides. Add reserved marinade and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until meat is just cooked through. If needed, you can remove the meat to a plate and keep warm, while you reduce the glaze a little further. Serve over (or with) rice and any veggie you love!



Love, Dahrlin'

7 comments:

Brenda said...

When I first read the title I thought it was going to be Atkins, like the Atkins low carb diet, lol. But this recipe looks great! :)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I can see why this is a favorite of yours. It looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, we're huge fans of pork tenderloin so I will have to give this a try. But please tell me, does it have a strong teriyaki taste? We're not huge teriyaki lovers but I do like the idea that bourbon is in this.

Michelle said...

Ok Angela... you have to tell me. How's the texture on this one? You know how I am with pork, but I have a bunch of tenderloin in the freezer from when my favorite store had it on sale for $1.99/lb :) and I love bourbon anything... although I still think it needs bourbon ;)

Connordog said...

This is one of my favorites too! In fact I had it the last time I went to Atkins Park. I couldn't resist!

Robin's Reports said...

I'm going to have to steal this for my men.

Like Brenda said, I thought it might be Atkins diet but probably not now that I look at it.

Angie's Spot said...

This looks yummy. I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer that I thought about bbq'ing with a different recipe. I might have to reconsider. And can I say that i have been craving brown rice lately?! I got a great deal on boxes at Publix last week and didn't even think about cooking batches and freezing it. Woo hoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails