Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Snufflepuppy Chronicles: Fx4 Edition

Well, once again it has been ages since I blogged. What else is new!? We've been busy and I have lots to show for my time offline these last couple weeks, but first, a quick hi from Miss Pixie. I am starting to think of her as Snufflepuppy, first because she is ALL about the nose (even more than our first Beagle), and secondly because she is just so cute, and I have a bad habit of giving my dogs silly, goofy names. (I can't help it, they make me laugh so much that I think silly things when I look at them!) For instance, my beloved Rottweiler went by a variety of names, but Rottapottamus is one of my all time favorites. That name wasn't one that I came up with (it's popular among Rottie lovers) but it just seemed to fit my silly, goofy girl so well.

So meanwhile, our newest pup has got a lot of silly names to look forward to. She is simply one of the cutest dogs I've ever known, and she brings it on herself, LOL!



Here, she is suffering through bathtime. As an aside, she would like you to know that Daddy's elbows aren't really this pale and scary. I tried everything I know how to do on Photoshop (read: not a whole lot), but could not figure out how to get rid of the emphasis on hubby's elbow in this photo. So, please ignore... the focus of this post is actually the sad and pitiful, woebegone wet puppy in the background. Doesn't she look suitably piteous? (But it's all an act...as we shall see).

After her spa treatments, we turned her loose to run like crazy in the yard (which she did) and and roll around in dead worms and other things to get dirty again IMMEDIATELY (which she did) ... so we also covered her bed with towels to protect it from wet dog. When she curled up in front of the fireplace to dry off, she had this to say for herself:



"Nanny-nanny-boo-BOO!"

For more Friday Foto Finish Fiesta, head on over to Candid Carrie's!

Love and happy weekend!

Dahrlin'

13 comments:

jen721 said...

I love beagles and their curious nature. I named our 1st one when I was 6. Her full name was snuffleupagus, but she went by snuffles because of her constant sniffing. She was a good dog.

Susie said...

Ha, ha!! Puppy spa:-)

Kenzie☺ said...

He's cute. I love the bubbles and his belly!

Ann On and On... said...

It's amazing that dogs even respond to us with all the names we call them. Love the photos!

Connordog said...

She is SO cute!!! Tell her that Reilly got a bath last weekend too :) So she's not alone.

This Mom said...

I love the spread eagle puppy. Oh so cute.

BoufMom9 said...

Awwwww... LOVE puppies!

Happy Friday!

Robin's Reports said...

Mine say the same thing only with a Spanish accent with slight gay overtones. LOL.

Btw, mine are getting their bath tomorrow for Nana and Papa's arrival.

Angie's Spot said...

Too cute! Jake keeps threatening to wash the cats. I tell him that you're not supposed to wash cats, but I don't think he's buying it. (Read: I'm fully expecting to see him with scratches all over his arms one day because he decided to "test" my theory)

Michelle said...

Ok, I am SOOO glad you clarified that was an elbow. I'm taking this as my sign that it's time to go to bed, but I was trying to figure out who had such a weird looking leg and why you'd take a picture of someone with one foot in the bath and the dog looking on. Like I said, I'm off to bed now....

Candid Carrie said...

I love that you give goof nicknames. We had a shih tzu once that was named Jazz. But I called her Jasmina Regina Angelina. Can't help myself but I am glad to hear you do it too!

Happy Fx4

Carrie

;)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh she is soooo cute Angela!!!!!!!!!!

Knatolee said...

It must be early because I thought that was a knee, not an elbow, and wondered why some old lady in a white skirt was bathing your dog!! ;)

SHe's so adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails