Saturday, February 21, 2009

Interview with...

Moi! I loved reading Angie's interview with Lula, and I love to answer questions/take surveys/be asked for my opinion, so am excited to participate in this! I'll try not to talk your ears off ;-)

Angie sent me the following questions. I'm not quite as creative as my BFF on the studio interview framing, as she did an amazing job, so I hope you won't be disappointed. But let's get straight to the questions. Here we go!

1. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

Hearing. For several reasons - first, I would rather be able to see and not hear, than be blind but hearing. I love colors, scenery, the smiling faces of friends, family and strangers, and seeing this world in living technicolor. So sight wouldn't be something I'd give up. Touch, likewise, is invaluable, for what person can survive long without the love and reassurance communicated by touching, hugging, holding (platonic and romantic) and being touched, hugged and held by others? Couldn't give that up... then, if you've been reading this blog very long, you know that food is a major source of happiness and pleasure to me. Without taste AND smell, you can't really enjoy food, and since we must eat to live (and eat often), that lets those two out. Lastly, I grew up watching Angie's mom live, love and laugh her way through life seemingly almost unaffected by being deaf. I know it is not that simple, and I am sure she would say there are definitely limitations involved, but I have seen firsthand that life can be thoroughly enjoyed even if you can't hear. So... while I would hate to give it up, as I also love music - that's my final answer, LOL!

2. If you were to be recognized by posterity for one thing, what would you like to be known for?

I love this question, because it reminds me how far I've still got to go in this life to accomplish what I really want to do. I'd like to be known for serving Christ as well and as thoroughly as I can in this lifetime. I believe that is the first and highest purpose for which He put me (and all of us) here - and while I am DEFINITELY not very good at this and will never be, in my own strength, I believe He's working on that, a day at a time in my life. A lot of my focus this year so far has been on priorities - what mine usually are, as opposed to what they should be. I'm struggling a good bit with getting them to where they should be, which is another thing I'll never manage to do in my own strength. But I'm willing to put my hand in His and let Him handle it! Working on that, anyway ;-) There is a beautiful Nichole Nordeman song that sums this philosophy up for me, and if interested you can read the lyrics here.

3. If you could, in retrospect, change one thing about your childhood, what would it be?

This is an interesting question, because in retrospect, if anything in my past changed, I would not be where or who I am today. So I guess I have to qualify my answer and say that, if I could change just one thing without it affecting anything else, I would change the fact that my parents divorced. It affected me in ways that continue to this day. But if (for purposes of the question) my changing something would cause a ripple-down affect, then the only thing I would change is what a bratty kid I was for too many years, LOL! Not for my parents' sake, but for my friends'! Thankfully, a few of them stuck around and are still putting up with me today! MWAH!

4. If you could dine alone with anyone from any period in history, which person would it be?

Don't even have to think about this one. Jesus Christ.

5. If you could be the personal assistant to any famous person alive in the world today, who would you choose and why?

Oh, this is a fun one because so many options are running through my head. Would I want something just plain fun? Intellectually challenging? Physically challenging? Something that provides a lot of perks? Somewhere I can EAT ALL DAY? Oh, the possibilities are endless! But let's see... Angie said I have to pick one. So I'm going to say...Giada de Laurentiis. And hope she would let me have whatever she's cooking for lunch every day! (and Giada, if you are reading this... I can start tomorrow!!)

That concludes today's interview! If you'd like to be interviewed too, here's how it works:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me!"
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will post to your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So come on--let's get to know each other better. And do not fear potential questions--I promise to play very nice!

Love you guys and happy weekend!

Dahrlin'

5 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Oh you did such a good job!! And I KNEW you would pick Giada as your celebrity. And I hope she reads this and invites you up to her place for your new job. LOL!

And I would totally change what a crazy kid I was with all my brat-like tendencies. Love ya! :-)

Michelle said...

I so knew you'd choose Giada. And shame on me, I have an interview waiting with Angie, but I keep meaning to email her with questions on my questions :) Tomorrow!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I am going to enjoy this interview over coffee in the morning :) I have yet to do my questions from Lula. I'll be back :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

I cannot imagine you as a bratty kid. Great answers girl especially about posterity. And assisting Giada sounds pretty fun. Can you imagine?!

Robin's Reports said...

I love it.

I thought I might do an interview too on my blog but our answers would be the same.

I'm already prepared with deafness since I sign.

I'd love to sit with Christ, but if He wasn't available, I'd go for Peter or Paul. Amazing testimonies that I'd want to hear.

Giada...... oh my.....I watch her as ofter as I possible can. I'm afraid I'm picking up her mannerisms when I describe food as Yummy and talk with my hands.

Related Posts with Thumbnails