Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Fall in Photos

Okay, I know I'm a little late in posting these pics. But it was a little bit of a busy fall around here, and I am just now getting a little caught up!

My friend Steph over at Live.Love.Eat participates in Wordful Wednesdays, hosted by Angie over at 7ClownCircus. I have tried several times to participate in "Wordless Wednesday," but just can't seem to stop adding words to what is supposed to be a wordless post ;-) I guess I just have a need to explain my photos! (Or else I just can't shut up. Either way...)

So here's my first Wordful Wednesday post. I'm including several of my favorite shots from this fall. It's my favorite time of year for lots of reasons, including food, football and extra time with friends and family. But I'm also a huge lover of the fall color change. I also love early morning or late afternoon natural lighting (I'm a huge fan of Thomas Kinkade's work, as well). So I especially love photos that capture colors and light together. I'm no PW, LOL, but I liked a few of these shots.



The first few are a series of the same spot in our backyard, over time as the leaves changed. It's so much fun to watch day by day! (And hopefully our neighbors in the house behind us don't feel like they are being stalked!)









I love all the colors that are unveiled under the greens of summer. The beautiful oranges and golds:



And some more golden orange colors (and, AHEM, some school fighting colors that also make an appearance in our landscape, LOL!)



The tree in the next few photos dropped almost all of its leaves at once. But along the way, I watched it go from green, to yellow, to orange, to red. All these leaves are from that tree (I think!)



And as it turned, the pictures don't entirely capture the effect, but with the setting sun shining on it, it was the most glorious shade of red. I just kept taking more pics!









We also made some yummy Cranberry Bread:



Then, at Thanksgiving, my Dad and his wife brought this beautiful floral cornucopia to dinner. It became our centerpiece for the buffet - and it looked almost edibly gorgeous!





Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Love, Dahrlin'

8 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

I love Steph at Live.love.eat too! I am participating here for the first time for the same reason as you. It is hard to put pictures up without words. TOO HARD : ). Your pictures are lovely! God bless you today. PS LOVE your music! So cool!

Robin's Reports said...

I love the pictures, especially the one w/ the fall leave AND the Bulldog flag. I do love fall. I'm glad you posted up the pictures of that instead of snow. LOL

blueviolet said...

The oranges are my favorite too!

teachermomof2 said...

I love your pictures! Fall is one of my favorite seasons!

edbteach said...

Gorgeous photos!! The one thing that I hate about living in South Texas (besides the heat) is that we have no true seasons. I love the leaves!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun, Angela. Great pics. Except for that one where you have the wrong colors on the flag. You meant to have a purple and white one out there flying, right? ;)

Live.Love.Eat said...

What a bad friend I am for not being here at your 1st WW :) I am so glad you joined girl. These pics are beautiful!!!!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I am finally catching up on all my emails. I went from 100 emails to 20 this weekend. Now, I can start checking out my blogroll each day again.

Angie's Spot said...

Those pics are GORGEOUS!! I especially love the last of the red tree pics. It looks like it's on fire almost. Breathtaking! Sigh, I'm ready for Fall again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails