Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Card Recycling

I am just posting all over the place today, LOL! I just read a post by my friend Lora that contains some great "green" ideas for recycling Christmas cards past. And Lora's post reminded me that I've been meaning to share this idea with you.

This particular idea comes from my Mom, and it also happens to be a great way to give a shout out (hopefully without embarrasing her *too* much) to my childhood best friend and next-door-neighbor. Several years ago, my Mom gave both me and my sister a set of handmade Christmas tree ornaments, which Mom had made from recycled Christmas cards and old family photos. Here's one of me and Betty:



I apologize for the blurry photo, but I could not get a flash pic without glare (and it seems my camera cannot focus without a flash, so I'm pretty much out of luck on the blog photography sometimes!) It's hard to get a good picture-of-a-picture, but you'll get the idea. You just pick some cards you love, crop your pictures in the shape you want, use photo safe adhesive to attach the pics to the cards, then trim the cards as you wish. They are very fun and are truly my favorite ornaments on the tree.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm off to continue putting away Christmas stuff, this time in the dining room.

Love, Dahrlin'

5 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Awesome idea. My inlaws hang pics on their trips with some paper clips. It actually works and looks cute!

Lora said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't commented here--I've been having internet issues...arrgh!

This is a very cute idea! I might have to try this. Thanks for posting about the St. Jude's program, too.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Hi Angela. I saw you comment on Lora's note about the St. Jude's project I've been trying to spread the word about, and I just had to come see your site. That ornament looks really cute. It must mean so much--I love how the simple things in our lives can do that.
Katie

Angela said...

Thanks Steph! I like your inlaws idea too!

Lora, no problem! hope your net issues resolve quickly!

And hi Katie! Thanks for stopping by! And yes, the ornaments are really my new favorites on the tree- they have so much family history and love in them!

Angie's Spot said...

That's a great idea! Which reminds me that I got you a special Christmas ornament for last year and even had it personalized. And then idiot me totally forgot to mail it to you. I'll try to remember to give it to you the next time I see you. Sigh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails