Saturday, December 13, 2008

Puppy Pranks, Chapter 1 (by Pixie)

Dear Friends of Mom:

Several people have asked my Mom whether I am doing well, and how things are going here at my new home. I am writing today to let you know that I'm doing great! I am staying very busy and really love it here. My new parents love me SO much and I love them too! Mom says I am such a happy, waggy girl and have so much love to share.



We have tons of fun, and I have reminded my parents what it's like to have a puppy around. I am a very busy girl and I'm always into something!



I love to wrestle with my Daddy, and I like to chew (gently) on Daddy when I play. I have beautiful, clean white teethies and I eat Nylabones for breakfast (just kidding). Mom and Dad took this pic of my teeth because they said I have a big mouth for such a little pupper! And I normally look so sweet that Mom laughs when I "smile" for her!



Meanwhile, I am taking my job as the new guardian of the house very seriously. I have successfully taken care of not one but TWO of these SuperGinormous Stuffed Animals that my Mom and Dad left in my room on days when they went to work. They were gone for several hours both times, so I took my time and really did a good job, making very sure it was "dead" and will no longer be a bother to anyone. Mom thinks I *might* have confused my bed with a giant stuffy, but I think she's crazy. I am not dumb enough to eat my own bed!! Besides, everyone knows I sleep in my crate at night, all snuggled up. What other bed could she be referring to?



I am a wonderful guardian for my family and I am constantly on patrol for anything and everything that might hurt them, including the sneaking ice machine, the roaring vacuum and the randomly-running dryer. I often sit here on the steps in the kitchen, watching over Mommy as she cooks (and also carefully watching for anything that I need to clean up from the kitchen floor).



I also help Daddy as he spends half an hour twice a day scooping leaves out of that big puddle in our backyard. Mom keeps saying she is afraid I will fall in, and that the water is really cold, but I told her not to worry. I am not a huge fan of water and I certainly don't want to jump in there!

Meanwhile, I hope all of you are having a fun weekend with your puppers. I am going to go snuggle up with my Daddy and take a nap.



Take care and enjoy the Howlidays. And for all you other doggies and kitties reading this, remember: Housebreaking is very important to humans, so break as much of the house as possible!!

Love and puppy kisses,

Pixie

12 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Awesome job of killing those fluffy things Pixie. Wish we could be there to help you chew, chew, chew.

Capt'n and Tiki

Angela said...

Thanks Capt'n and Tiki! You come on over any time!

Connordog said...

Looks like you are settling in Miss Pixie. My mom said we're going to have you over in January so I can meet you and we can play with all my toys in my backyard.

I can't wait to meet you, I know we are going to be really good friends.

Reilly

Angela said...

Dear Reilly, I can't wait to meet you and your mom and dad!!
PS My mom and dad asked me to tell you they've been studying up on Guitar Hero. Get ready! LOL!

Love, Pixie

jamie {rose cottage} said...

Ha ha ha!!! Our dog Lacy has left us giant fluffy messes just like that!!! Just this morning she killed a stray sock left in the laundry room!

Thanks for visiting my Rambling Rose blog. It's moved here now. :-)

Katherine said...

She's absolutely adorable! And looks to be training y'all very well.
:-) Katherine

Live.Love.Eat said...

CUTE!!!!! Tell your Mommy I think you are beautiful and she is doing a great job of raising you right! You're a cutie pie.

the voice of melody said...

She's so cute, I'm sure it's impossible to be upset with her. I just hope she doesn't eat YOUR bed! :)

Angela said...

Jamie - thanks for letting me know on your new blog addy. I will update my reader!

Katherine - yep, she's totally got us trained. We haven't got her trained half as well!

Stephanie - Pixie says "thank you!" and sends you puppy kisses!

Melody - LOL - she probably will eat our bed, or couch...we're waiting to see what kind of monster we've created. I realized just the other day that when we have kids, all their stuffed animals will be in trouble!

Angie's Spot said...

Pixie,

You are an inspiration to us all! We must highly commend you on your animal de-stuffing skills. You have already met master status in that skill.

Our mom tells us that you are one lucky puppy to have landed with such great parents, but we all know that these parents are the lucky ones. How boring their lives would be without the excitement that we bring?! Just yesterday, our mom was shouting with excitement about the remote car opener that we've hidden for her.

Anyway, keep up the good work on behalf of all us puppers and kitties out there securing these homes.

Paws,

Leaf & Percy

Michelle said...

Awww, that is so sweet. And another reason why I don't have a dog ;)

btw, the kitties in my house send a big Merry Christmas over your way AND a heads up that making too much noise during the night is hazardous to your time with humans.

Glad to hear Pixie is working out so well -- and especially that your husband is enjoying her, too!

Knatolee said...

Good thing she's so adorable, eh?:)) It looks like Pixie is fitting in very well at your house. She's a sweetie-pie,

Related Posts with Thumbnails