Friday, October 10, 2008

A New Tag!

Yay! I love these things. My friend Lora at My Blessed Life tagged me this week, so here are the rules:



Here are seven random things about me:

(1) I love water. From a welcoming bubble bath after an exhausting day, to a lazy afternoon on the river, to the vastness of the oceans, I love water. There's something so soothing about it.

(2) I crave organization and serenity in my home, but the reality is more like an ever-changing sea (ha!) of piles of Things I Really Intend to Do...and Soon...Just as Soon as I Remember...

(3) Like Lora, I love history. I hated being forced to learn about it in school, but now I love it. I am currently reading three books that reflect this passion - The Great Influenza, The Persian Puzzle, and a book on Christian church history. I can get lost for hours reading stuff like that - I blame my Dad, LOL, whose response to most any question was "let's go look that up in the encyclopedia..."

(4) I love Honeycrisp apples. If you've never had one, RUN to your store right now and get some. May have to try the farmer's markets, but they are fantastic and worth it. I can't stand mushy apples, but I love a good crispy apple, and this variety just literally cracks apart when you bite into it (hence the name). Sooooo yummy. I am blessed to pass a Whole Foods Market on my way to and from work, so every fall I make a bi-weekly pilgrimage and stock up on like 8 at once. Try 'em!

(5) A few years ago, I finally learned the secret of making the honey mustard sauce that I learned to love at the Brass Register (a former restaurant in my hometown). This restaurant is also where I learned to love Derby Pie, a family favorite I now make every Christmas (and will share with you soon!). Anyway, I always wondered why most "honey mustard" sauces tasted mostly like runny mustard...not the creamy, yummy, mildly-mustardy stuff I grew up on. I finally hit upon the answer after browsing a lot of different recipes - the one I like is basically mayonnaise-based, with some honey and mustard added for flavor, LOL! The irony? I'm not really a mayonnaise fan, at least if it still tastes like mayo. But in ranch dressing, or this sauce? Love it!

(6) I have spent two (and almost three) birthdays in Europe. I turned 15 while on a school trip to Italy - I think we were in Rome that day. I turned 22 in Paris (I'll have to post that pic sometime!) and most recently, we went to Italy in April 2007 - arriving a couple weeks after my 32nd.

(7) I love puzzles, riddles, mysteries...anything that makes me wonder and have to think something through. I love science for this reason (but not math!!!). I also love games. Most recently, I'm addicted to Sudoku, Scrabble, Chinese Checkers, mystery movies and books, etc.

So I'm tagging the following folks - participate if you like, no worries if not.

(1) Angie at Angie's Spot;
(2) Steph at Steph's Little Corner;
(3) Michelle at Honest and Truly;
(4) Stephanie at Live.Love.Eat;
(5) Lisa at My Little Corner of the World;
(6) Lizz at Life with Lizz; and
(7) Bobbie at Rightmyer Recipes!

That's it for tonight! I'm off to make some dinner and watch a football game!

Happy Weekend!

Love, Dahrlin'

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how fun! And you realize that ummmm I still haven't done the last tag you got me with, right? Shame on me. Maybe this will be the kick in the rear I need to actually get that one done!

I LOVE honeycrisp, too! In fact I may have to stop by the produce market after swim lessons tomorrow before I go to the NU game to pick me up a few (Costco has them, too, btw). Yum!

Lora said...

I'm totally with you on #'s 1 & 2! I haven't tried Honeycrisp apples though, I'll have to look for some. Although we've had tons of apples this fall from my friends tree:)

Angie's Spot said...

I had forgotten that you had that bday on your first Italy trip. BTW, I picked up some paper for your scrapbook on Italia. I'll bring them with me in November.

I'll try to get this tag done this week. Amazingly, I'm auto-posting until Wednesday, because I'm trying desperately to catch up on my reader and prep a 4 yr old's bday party. GAH!!

PinkDaisyGirl said...

I came over to check out your list from Lora's site. I just heard about Honeycrisp apples when I was at Whole Foods. The checkout lady told me they were the absolute best, but we were already leaving, so I'm going to get a few the next time I'm there. She said they were a combo of tart and sweet.

I love Sudoku, too, (mysteries also) but I'm a math girl. I'm trying to figure out how you like Sudoku but not math. I guess it's possible because it's more puzzle than actually solving a math problem.

Nice to meet you.

~ Kayren

jmk said...

Give it up! Lizz will never answer :-)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey, thanks for the tag!!! The crisp apples sound so good. I love gala too. And there's another which name escapes me. I will look out for those.

I am in love with the water too!!! Even pools I am drawn too. That's how I started reading your blog. I loved seeing the progression on the pool work and then seeing it filled with water.

Related Posts with Thumbnails