Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!

We've been out of our routine here for several weeks, due to some family health issues. But I'm hoping, in the middle of all that's going on, to get back into at least part of our routine this week, if only for my sanity! :-) So I hope to get back to cooking a bit, working out/walking a little and back into my evening Bible study.

I took some time earlier in the week to plan a few weeks of fall menus at once. The next couple months (leading up to December, which to me begins winter) will be filled with a number of favorites we have not made in a while - but can now that cooler weather is finally here! I'm also hoping that by the time you read this Monday, I will have made a new recipe I've been wanting to try. Stay tuned for details on that one!

On to this week's menu - which is roughly centered on Italian foods. Wait...I take that back... looking through it again, it seems I must have been positively craving Italian when I wrote this menu. Added to the lasagna (made by a friend) that we enjoyed Saturday (and planned to enjoy more of Sunday night), it seems I'm on a pretty much straight roll with the Italian entrees this week! I typically go for more variety than this in my menus, but the flavors are so diverse that I think it will actually work fine.



Monday: Parmesan Whitefish (I'm using tilapia), Sweet Potatoes, Buttered Peas

Tuesday: (workout night) Lemon Chicken Scallopine (a freezer favorite), Marinara, Garlic Toast and Salad

Wednesday: Sausage, Tomato and Cheese Penne, Lemon-Butter Broccoli

Thursday: (workout night) Leftover Sausage Pasta, Salad

Friday: Florentine Turkey Meatballs (LOVE this recipe, and it makes great lunches), Buttered Baby Lima Beans, Rosemary-Garlic Toast (Whole Foods Rosemary Sourdough Bread - drizzle with olive oil and garlic salt and toast!)

Saturday: Chicken Cacciatore, Roasted Potatoes and Peppers, Steamed Kale

Sunday: Not sure yet... may try a new - non Italian! - recipe!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love, Dahrlin'

10 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Hi Angela~

The menu looks great and very Italian! ;0) I grew up in an Italian home next door to my Italian grandparents. Italian food remains my favorite kind of food to cook and eat. Such good memories.

Have a week full of blessings!
Lisa

Power Up Love said...

It all sounds yummy!

jmk said...

I love the penne recipe. In fact, I made it for my birthday one year! We must be to "that time of year." Last night we had baked ziti.

Have a great week!

Angela said...

Lisa - thank so much! I am so jealous of your Italian food heritage! Yum!

The new recipe I mentioned wanting to try is an authentic Ragu Bolognese. I did end up making it last night (only had to substitute bacon as I had no pancetta) and it was amazing. I can't wait to make some fresh pasta to go with it.

Power - thanks so much for stopping by!

Janyne - It is definitely that time of year. your ziti sounds great! We had leftovers of Steph's lasagna. Sooooo yummy. She told me her secret - extra, extra cheese. It's to die for!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. Your menu looks great. Hope you had a good weekend!!!! I have to check out that penne recipe. Sounds good.

Robin's Reports said...

I think I'm going to try that Meatballs Florentine recipe tonight. Not sure what to do with the hamburger meat I have thawed. I have 3 lbs of spinach in the freezer. Sounds like it was meant to be.

Still holding your all in our thoughts and prayers.

Angie's Spot said...

Yummy looking menu! I keep hoping to be inspired enough to participate in the menu planning one of these weeks. Sigh. Tonight was spaghetti night. Very uninspired.

Michelle said...

Mmmm sounds yum! I wish I were that organized. But (I'm blaming it on kids here) it just doesn't work that way.

So ummm the throwing in which are workout days is new. What brought this on?

Angela said...

Steph - the penne is yummy! It's very hearty so make it on a cooler, rainy day or something.

Robin - thanks so much for the prayers!

That recipe calls for turkey but I'm sure it would be fine with burger meat too.

Angie - hey, spaghetti is a lot better than drive through, so don't be so hard on yourself! As long as you are putting a healthy meal on the table, that's what counts!

Michelle - LOL - I was hoping to work out (and hold myself accountable more by planning for it), but that was before the flare up of this muscle/nerve problem I've been having in my back and neck. So far the last couple days, I've averaged about 4 hours of actual sleep a night, and been in chronic pain. Going to the dr. today, thank God! So far this week it's pain and sleeplessness 1, Angela 0!

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

How exciting! A menu plan Monday. I love this concept. HI. I just found your blog through the SITS gals. I'm off to read your menu and your recipes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails