Saturday, October 18, 2008

Best Laid Plans

Well, as you may have noticed I haven't been able to post much recently. I had all these grand plans for things I wanted to accomplish this fall, then hit a major roadblock. I'll have to keep even this post pretty short because I've got a ton of work to try and catch up on, but the short version is that I have developed what we think must be a pinched nerve in my neck. It's been so painful that I can't even sit up most of the day; only if I lay down on the couch on either side of my body (not on my back, which is how I like to sleep) can I get any relief. I also can't turn my head to drive, so I've basically been trying to work from home this last week. I say trying, because sitting at the computer to type is a major issue right now. They have scheduled all kinds of scans, MRI's and other tests, but those will occur over the next week and we won't have answers until (hopefully) next Tuesday (week from this coming). Meanwhile, we're struggling with pain management. It's gotten so bad that I'm currently on a steroid for it. :-(

Please keep me in your prayers and know that I SO appreciate all the notes, prayers and good thoughts so many of you have sent me. I miss you guys and can't wait to be back, once I can sit and type comfortably again! Meanwhile, I'll be reading to stay caught up with what's going on in your lives, even if I don't comment a lot. I will update here (to avoid typing any more than I have to right now) as I have news, but please know I'm thinking of you and appreciate your love and support! Hugs,

Love, Dahrlin'

13 comments:

Lora said...

So sorry that you've got this issue going on! I'll be praying that it clears up soon! Get as much rest as you can, too.

Angela said...

Thanks Lora! I definitely appreciate your prayers!

Robin's Reports said...

Welcome to getting old, right? LOL. Seriously, praying for healing & pain relief. Be careful!!

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

I am going to add you to my prayer list for quick healing and absence of pain.

Michelle said...

Oh Angela! I'm so sorry to hear that. I have a good friend who gets a similar problem frequently (like twice a year) and ends up off work, laying on the couch and taking lots of meds. I hope you find a good solution quickly. (She has found some relief with a chiropractor, but who knows what that will do for you). At least you can spend lots of quality time petting Miss Tuck? Prayers and hugs to you!

Katherine said...

Angela - may your doctor find a solution quickly!!! I'm sorry you are in so much pain. You're in my prayers.....
Katherine

Power Up Love said...

I'll include you in my prayers.

I don't know if it will help for you, but I have been taking a product called Monavie. You can view the product video's and purchase the product at www.PowerUpPurple.com

If you like I can post another prayer request at Power Up Love. Just let me know.

Blessings...

Connordog said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, this is NO fun during the holidays!

Angela said...

Thanks all for your prayers and love. I truly appreciate them, and your friendship!!

And Michelle, I totally relate to how your friend feels. But yeah, at least I've been able to stay home with Tuck, who's not doing very well right now :-((

Angie's Spot said...

After a crazy weekend, I'm finally catching up on my reading. I was just sitting down to write you an email, which I'll do now. Just wanted to pop in and say I'm thinking about ya! xoxo

Live.Love.Eat said...

You KNOW my prayers are with you!!!

teachermomof2 said...

Praying that you find relief from your pain.

Blessings,
LIsa

Knatolee said...

Feel better soon! I hope they figure it out quickly and get you fixed up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails