Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Workout Update

A couple of my regular readers have recently pointed out that they have fallen off the 100 Pushup Challenge wagon. I invite any of you who fall into that category to feel free to blame me :-) I promised to keep us all on track here and then I didn't ... and I apologize!

As it's a short week and we have the party coming up (and of course, even though it's just friends who know us and, amazingly, still love us, I am super stressing with my perfectionist tendencies...as usual) it's been a bit of a busy week so far, but I have been determined to get some good workouts in and begin to get back into a routine. As such, I have worked out both of the last two nights and I am thankful to report that I swam for 45 minutes last night, and then tonight I started the Couch to 5k program that Angie (and I believe Michelle) is working on. I pushed it a little bit by starting with walking 5 minutes, then running 4/walking 1 for 20 minutes. I was pretty comfortable with that beginning, so I'm hoping I can stay on track with the progress!

I am also happy to report that I started with the pushups again tonight. I don't think I've lost any progress, so that is good, but I'm starting once again on a Wednesday, if anyone wants to come along. If you're way ahead by now it's no problem; I will still enjoy knowing I've got company!

Hope you guys have a great evening! I'm off to try to fix a somewhat healthy, quick dinner and then do some more cleanup on the house.

Love, Dahrlin'

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes, I'm blaming you for the pushups. Not being out of town for a week plus.

Yes, I'm also (or was!) doing C25K. I highly recommend the podcast by Robert Ullery (search C25K podcast and it brings you to his site). Given what you did on your first run, you could probably easily start on week 3 or maybe even week 4. I'm running tomorrow. Or at least Friday. Really.

Angie's Spot said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you for getting a big start back into things. You can do it!

I did the Week 1 running workout yesterday and tonight and I'm starting the pushups tomorrow. As Gene Autry sang "I'm back in the saddle again". Or was that Aerosmith?

Angela said...

Thanks Michelle, I will definitely check out the podcast! And Angie, enjoy your next "mother's day out" with the girls at preschool tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails