Okay, so for today's post I'm combining a variety of "themes" :-) I've received a couple of awards recently and I definitely want to acknowledge and say thank you for those, and I love Fussy's "Thankful Thursday," and I also love Angie's usual Thursday Thirteen. So we'll put them together - here are a few things I am thankful for this Thursday:
(1) I'm thankful for my dear friend Robin, who gave me this award:
Memoirs of a Mommy created this award in honor of the donor that saved her son Noah's life. The purpose of this award is to raise awareness about organ donation and to share the love ... so share this award with blogs you love, blogs that make you smile, blogs that make you laugh, blogs that make your day, and blog owners that leave you uplifting comments. (Please include the links when posting the award to your blog.)
I am passing this award along to... Angie, Stephanie (Reillybug), Michelle, Stephanie (Live.Love.Eat), Bobbi, Tara, Janyne, Knatolee, Crowzma, Melissa at Stretch Marks, and Dephal. Enjoy!
(2) I'm thankful for my new friend Bobbi, who gave me this award:
The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
I'm passing this one on to each of you that I named in #1 above, so consider yourself awarded! Love to ya, ladies!
(3) I'm thankful for all our wonderful friends here in Atlanta, several of whom who are graciously joining us for (what I hope will be) a great birthday party this weekend. (And I'm thankful for the pool, which we've enjoyed all summer. Hope it's not too cold to use it this weekend!)
(4) I'm thankful that Gustav didn't cause more damage.
(5) I'm thankful that fall is FINALLY here! (I don't care what the calendar says. Around this house, fall starts Sept. 1.)
(6) I'm thankful for our family, whom we've been blessed to see a lot of this summer.
(7) I'm thankful for this blog, which gives me a way to keep in touch with family, old friends and new friends!
(8) Of course, I'm thankful for all of YOU who read my nonsensical ramblings (and I'm especially thankful to those of you who comment)!
(9) I'm thankful that my Dad's prostate cancer is currently kept at bay.
(10) I'm thankful for Facebook, where I've recently been able to reconnect with a lot of old friends.
(11) I'm thankful for all the wonderful new recipes I'm picking up from so many of you.
(12) I'm thankful for the week we got to spend visiting with my Dad last week.
(13) And I'm so thankful to be saved by Christ's grace.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
PBnJ Parfait With Homemade Peanut Butter Mousse - Enjoy a sweet treat this summer with your favorite PBnJ sandwich in dessert form. This simple peanut butter mousse and strawberry syrup combines in a del...
8 hours ago