Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday Thirteen

Okay, so for today's post I'm combining a variety of "themes" :-) I've received a couple of awards recently and I definitely want to acknowledge and say thank you for those, and I love Fussy's "Thankful Thursday," and I also love Angie's usual Thursday Thirteen. So we'll put them together - here are a few things I am thankful for this Thursday:

(1) I'm thankful for my dear friend Robin, who gave me this award:



Memoirs of a Mommy created this award in honor of the donor that saved her son Noah's life. The purpose of this award is to raise awareness about organ donation and to share the love ... so share this award with blogs you love, blogs that make you smile, blogs that make you laugh, blogs that make your day, and blog owners that leave you uplifting comments. (Please include the links when posting the award to your blog.)

I am passing this award along to... Angie, Stephanie (Reillybug), Michelle, Stephanie (Live.Love.Eat), Bobbi, Tara, Janyne, Knatolee, Crowzma, Melissa at Stretch Marks, and Dephal. Enjoy!

(2) I'm thankful for my new friend Bobbi, who gave me this award:



The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.

I'm passing this one on to each of you that I named in #1 above, so consider yourself awarded! Love to ya, ladies!

(3) I'm thankful for all our wonderful friends here in Atlanta, several of whom who are graciously joining us for (what I hope will be) a great birthday party this weekend. (And I'm thankful for the pool, which we've enjoyed all summer. Hope it's not too cold to use it this weekend!)



(4) I'm thankful that Gustav didn't cause more damage.



(5) I'm thankful that fall is FINALLY here! (I don't care what the calendar says. Around this house, fall starts Sept. 1.)



(6) I'm thankful for our family, whom we've been blessed to see a lot of this summer.



(7) I'm thankful for this blog, which gives me a way to keep in touch with family, old friends and new friends!



(8) Of course, I'm thankful for all of YOU who read my nonsensical ramblings (and I'm especially thankful to those of you who comment)!



(9) I'm thankful that my Dad's prostate cancer is currently kept at bay.



(10) I'm thankful for Facebook, where I've recently been able to reconnect with a lot of old friends.



(11) I'm thankful for all the wonderful new recipes I'm picking up from so many of you.



(12) I'm thankful for the week we got to spend visiting with my Dad last week.



(13) And I'm so thankful to be saved by Christ's grace.



Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Love, Dahrlin'

7 comments:

jmk said...

I'm thankful that you wrote that post. I read it in the morning and it as a very nice way to start the day -- with a smile.

Angela said...

Thanks Janyne! Hope you have an awesome day!

Connordog said...

Doug and I are thankful for your and Daniel's friendship. You guys are the best and we truly love you and love spending time with you.

Thank you for the awards. I'll post them on my blog when I have 5 minutes :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

What a beautiful post! And I am thankful for you!!!!!!!!! And thankful to you for the awards!!!!! I have received these wonderful awards but I am thrilled to get them from you so I am adding you as a giver of these to my sidebar. I am glad to hear about your Dad!!!!!!

Angie's Spot said...

And I'm thankful for you every day of my life. :-) Thanks for the shout-outs! I'm going to get around to doing an award posting this weekend...I hope. Luv ya!

Michelle said...

Wait, don't I have something from you already that I haven't gotten around to doing/dealing with yet? I'm SO behind! But thanks, truly!

Good thankful list -- I like! Have fun with all the food this weekend, and I suppose the party, too....

Angela said...

Thanks ladies!

I'm off to bed here shortly for some sleep before our big party day tomorrow. I may not have time to fix everything I'd planned, but I think we'll all have fun.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend and I'll be back with pics shortly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails