Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pixie Sticks?

(Titles like that are a sure sign that I have been away from blogging WAY too long, LOL! But it will make more sense in a second...)

Things are finally settling down a little bit around here, and I am thankful. We've been pretty busy the last few weeks, and I look forward to sharing some of those happenings with you here. I appreciate those of you who read this blog - more than you know! Thanks for sticking with me, even when I don't show up for a while :-)

It was a gorgeous fall morning here, and these are my favorite days of the year. The early fall sun is so pretty (and so pleasant at this lower intensity!).



Meanwhile, this weekend is a trial run at our house, as we may be adopting this little one:



Her name is Pixie, which suits her perfectly, and she belongs to a friend of mine from work. She's about a year old, and my friend has had a third child and can no longer keep her. They are not in a rush to rehome her, but they've got a little too much going on at their house to keep her right now.



So, we brought her home for the weekend to see how she gets along with Tucker, our resident grumpy old lady. Tuck is going to be 12 this winter, so she's slowed down a lot from her paint-the-town days.



So far, so good, except that Tuck is not really interested in playing, which leaves Miss Pix with a lot of time on her hands. She is a typically energetic, active Beagle girl, and she has a delightful personality. She loves to play with us, but we were hoping Tucker would want to play with Pixie and they could entertain each other :-) But so far, Tuck is holding in her usual pattern of pretty much sleeping all day and ignoring any other animal that comes into the house. So we'll see.



Meantime, I've caught some very cute pics of this adorable little prankster. It's a lot like having a toddler around, as she is constantly into something. So far today, I have caught her out on the deck with one of my socks, she took my knitting (needles and all) off the table and out on the deck, and she has jumped onto the couch and into my lap several times (Tuck isn't allowed on the furniture, but it looks like Pix may not be used to that ;-)



This, however, is one of my favorite photos of Pixie:



I don't know why, but she seems to love this spot on the stairs. Such a cutie!

That's the news for today from around here - stay tuned for further updates (and some new recipes)!

Love, Dahrlin'

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, what a sweetie! I'm so not ready to have a dog (I can't stand the cleanupp), but they're so much fun... and if I could hire someone to do those things and not wince at the money I'd spend, I'd have my own in a heartbeat!

Good luck with figuring out whether or not she fits in your home, and kudos to you for even thinking about that.

I'm off to go check out those brownies now!

Robin's Reports said...

She looks like a sweetie. I look forward to future updates on her.

Angie's Spot said...

Oh wow! This is BIG news! She looks like a cutie. Can't wait to hear more updates and see if she ends up as a permanent addition to the house. :-)

PenDaisy said...

Pixie is adorable, Angela. I hope she's a keeper.

Live.Love.Eat said...

OMG girl. As if we didn't have enough in common, my little dog is named Tucker too. And we're looking to adopt another. No just kidding about the adopting part......hah! Anyway, she's a cutie!!!!!

Connordog said...

Ok, she is adorable! And it may be that she has come at the perfect time.

And I am sure Reilly will be MORE than happy to keep her occupied.

Knatolee said...

Oh my, she's adorable! I hope this works out for all of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails