Monday, September 15, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!

We’re one week deeper into fall, and I made basically none of last week’s recipes due to illness. So I may recycle that menu soon, but in the meantime, several new recipes and a couple old favorites caught my eye as I was planning yesterday. So for this week, we’re looking at the following:

Monday: (grocery store run) - BBQ Pork chops, Buttered Peas, Garlic Toast

Tuesday: (starting back to walking) - Skillet Chicken (my mom's baked chicken with mushroom gravy), Sweet Potatoes, Buttered Broccoli

Wednesday: Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones, Salad, Garlicky Green Beans

Thursday: (walking night) - Garlic Lime Chicken, Black Beans, Broccoli

Friday: my best friend is coming to visit! Wahoo! We’ll probably go out Friday and then cook Saturday after a day of scrapping!

Saturday: We’ll see what Angie feels like eating, and I’ll report back on what we make!! I’m hoping at a minimum to try PW’s cheese muffins, and maybe a couple other things.

Sunday: Tilapia Parmesan, Baby Limas, Buttered Corn or Carrots

Enjoy your week!

Love, Dahrlin’

6 comments:

bafleyanne said...

The PW cheese muffins are really good! I made them just like the recipe says the first time, and put a little garlic in my second batch--they were even better that way, kind of like the cheese biscuits from Red Lobster!

teachermomof2 said...

The Cheeseburger Calzones sound good! Have you made them before? I'm going to have to put that recipe in my to try file.

Your menu looks great!

Blessings,
Lisa

Michelle said...

So does this mean you're finally feeling a bit better?

And yes, there's something wrong with me but I can't mix my meat and cheese (I must have been Jewish in another life) so the calzones will be out for me!

I so need to do that garlic lime chicken though... keep posting the link and eventually I'll remember ;)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yum. The menu looks incredible. You had me at Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones. Have you made these before? If so, what are your thoughts on using this dough rather than the other for those chicken artichoke calzones we've both made & loved? Curious. I'm psyched for you that your BF is coming!!!!!!

Angela said...

Thanks gang!

Barbara - making the muffins now, with some garlic - can't wait to see how they turn out!

Lisa - no, I haven't made the calzones before, but I'll post an update and let you know how they go!

Michelle - yes, feeling better, thanks! Not sounding much better, but I feel fine now at least. I am sorry about your meat and cheese issues - oh my gosh, it's one of my favorite combos. About the only protein I won't eat cheese on is fish, LOL!

Steph - I think you could use the same dough as for the artichoke calzones...I don't see why not, but I'll find out soon because that's probably what I'll use, LOL!

Angie's Spot said...

How psyched am I about cheese muffins?!?! Anything of PW's archives would be OK with me. Can't wait to see you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails