Monday, September 8, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Another week has flown by!

So we're into football season, which is making me crave yummy, slower-cooked foods. But it's usually pretty warm around here in September, so I am not quite up for heavier foods just yet. Soon though!

Meanwhile, for this week I'm hoping to make a couple more freezer meals (this will use up most of those we've got) and make several old favorites that will be nice for the changing season. I also want to try a couple new things I've found:



Monday: Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Buttery Pasta, Wilted Spinach

Tuesday: Halibut in Artichoke Broth, Cheese Muffins (new PW recommendation to try)

Wednesday: Tacos, Black Beans and Salsa

Thursday: Lemon Chicken Scallopine with Marinara, Broccoli with Lemon-Lime Garlic Butter

Friday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Salmon, Buttered Peas

Saturday: Over to our friends' house for a birthday party

Sunday: Roman Chicken, Parmesan Potatoes, Wilted Spinach

Have a blessed week!

Love, Dahrlin'

5 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Happy Monday girl!!! The Roman chicken looks great, you've made it before? How was the big bash?

Angie's Spot said...

If I didn't feel so bad right now, I would say that many things on your list are making me hungry. Unfortunately, all food is making me nauseous. Yuck. I hope you have a great week of cooking!

Good News is I'm down 6lbs since Friday. Bad News is I also haven't really eaten since Friday. I do not enjoy losing weight this way, especially when I know it will come right back when I'm well. Bleh.

Knatolee said...

I want to try the whole wheat spagetti/salmon recipe! I love, love, love Giada's recipes!!!!

Tonight I am making pesto (ground) chicken meatballs w/spaghetti, out of my "Ricardo" magazine. I really enjoy his recipes. Take a look a the website. He's a Quebecker, and quite creative, but the recipes aren't chi-chi poo-poo. :)

I have tons of basil and I need to make a freeze some pesto before the frost hits.

Here's the link to his TV show site, which has recipes on it and a link to the magazine.

http://www.foodtv.ca/ricardoandfriends/

Oh, and did I thank you for the award you gave me in the other post? THANK YOU! :))

Angela said...

Thanks Steph! The party went very well - look for photos and recipes coming up soon! And yep, the Roman Chicken is a fave here!

Angie, you get better SOON! Enough of this sicky stuff! (Smiles)

Knat, the salmon recipe is as good as it sounds! Yours sounds awesome too. I love pesto ANYTHING.

Michelle said...

Mmmmm that salmon with pasta looks GOOD! Although when I saw it was a Giada recipe, I almost discounted it. There's something about her perky little smile that turns my stomach. But the salmon sure does sound good to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails