Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Project Update

So a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I have several goals for this fall, in terms of projects I'm working on and want to complete. I am happy to report that, although I haven't gotten much blogging done recently, I have made progress on a lot of those goals! For those interested in my various hobbies, including knitting, scrapbooking and my everlasting Quest to Get Organized, here are a few pics.

First, the ongoing kitchen reorganization project is coming along nicely. I've gone through a lot of the paper and junk shoved into this cabinet recipe-related clutter I've diligently collected, and attempted to cull and organize my cooking magazine collection. New magazines come in the door at the rate of 3 per month, so this is really a survival tactic :-) A few things are missing from this shot (hence all the extra space), and there's a whole shelf I cannot even reach (hence its emptiness), but you'll get the idea:



YAY! Also, I am very excited to report that I have FINISHED the wedding scrapbook! WAHOOOOOOO!!! If I seem a tad excited about that, it may help you understand, to know that I got married in 2001. And, um, my scrapbook is 80 pages long, because yeah, I went that crazy with it. But anyway, it's DONE! I hope to figure out how to share pics of some of those pages with you. Stay tuned!

Next, the Lizard Ridge Afghan project is back on track. It was moving along nicely, as evidenced by these two blocks, which I completed while I lay dying of respiratory yuck on the couch a couple weeks ago ;-) But then I tried to knit while watching TV this week (I know better than this, but do the same thing every time) and made an unrecoverable error. Tried to rip back and redo, but it was too far gone. So, I lost about a quarter block of progress for the week, but that's okay. I restarted the block, and thankfully Pixie did not manage to do any damage when she took my knitting for a little adventure Saturday morning.



And last weekend, I finally got the rest of my dining room decorations done for fall (because of my love for the season itself, I usually put them up as soon as September comes around, but they hang around and serve as our actual decor for Thanksgiving dinner). Here's a shot of the buffet, and it's also more evidence that I've GOT to get a camera like Angie and PW have, if I really intend to keep inflicting my photography on you guys! Sorry for the weird lighting and odd blurriness that occurs in many of my pics...But again, it'll give you an idea.



And now, I'm going to take a break from blogging and get ready to go over to our friends' house to watch the Georgia game. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Dahrlin'

6 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Congrats on the progress! And yes, maybe you should ask for a DSLR camera for Christmas? :-) You won't regret it! Although, your pics aren't bad, so no worries there. It's just fun having that big camera that can do so much and manages to produce some way cool shots.

Lora said...

Looks like you've been pretty productive lately!! I should take some notes:) I feel like I've been going in a million directions, but getting nothing accomplished!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Go you!!!! I am so proud of & happy for you!!! You're starting to get contagious and I am feeling it. Thanks!!!!!

Katherine said...

Yeah for all the progress! Especially the wedding scrapbook. 80 pages is amazing. :-)

teachermomof2 said...

COngratulations on your progress with your projects. That's fantastic! Everything looks great!

80 pages?! That is some scrapbook! :0)

Blessings,
Lisa

Angela said...

Thanks everyone!

Angie - I have already added a new camera to my Christmas list!!

Lora - hope everything is going well with your move!! I know how stressful that is.

Stephanie - Thanks for the encouragement! I need it because I have a lot left to do, LOL!

Katherine - can't wait for you to see the book sometime!

Lisa - thanks so much! I am thrilled to have that project done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails