Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicken Soup and W(h)ine

Okay, so normally I try not to post anything whiny on this blog. But since I seem to be in good company, I'm going to go ahead and post this quickly. I've come down with a dreaded late summer/early-fall cold... UGH. Just when I was getting back into a routine, eating well and working out...blam!!

And I'm with Michelle on this one - who wants to eat chicken soup when it's still this warm out? Not me, but I have learned over the years that it has nearly miraculous healing powers if I only force feed it to myself, day and night until I'm well! Thankfully, I had a little leftover chicken noodle soup in the freezer for just such an occasion, but will be asking hubby to bring home my all-time favorite remedy: Campbell's chicken noodle. And I know it's not homemade, but it does have a ton of salt in it, and that helps my super-swollen throat, LOL! Meanwhile, I'll finish off the batch I made for Dad while he was here.

So the rest of you all STAY WELL! We've had way too much illness in the blogosphere lately! :-)

And now I'm crawling back under the covers with my laptop... sniffles!

Love, Dahrlin'

5 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Angie's Spot said...

Oh no! I hope that Chicken Soup does the trick. Feel better soon! xoxo

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yikesadoodle! Sorry you're not feeling so great. It always happens like this, getting sick when you start working out. You'll defeat it!!!!!!! Get better!!!

Michelle said...

Bummer, what IS it about getting sick? Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Oh and ummm. When I saw that you were talking about whining and being in good company, I had to check the links to see who else was whining. Oh. Yeah. Me. How embarrassing ;)

Angela said...

Thanks all! I'm headed for bed, to try to sleep (even though I can't really breathe! Ack!)

Love, Dahrlin'

Related Posts with Thumbnails