My new friend Stephanie at Live.Love.Eat has tagged me, so you guys are getting to read a lot about me lately, LOL! If you get tired of reading about me, run over to Stephanie's blog and enjoy browsing her wonderful food (or just admiring her awesome Italian "pasta" dishes! I'm super jealous!)
So let's see if I can come up with some fun new things to share with y'all:
(1) Like Stephanie and Angie, I cry often. Not necessarily because of something bad in my own life, but usually from something I've seen or heard that breaks my heart. I'm very empathic, actually feeling the emotions and heartbreak of the person (yes, OR fictional character, LOL!) in question. This leads me to cry often, whether from a real-life circumstance, book, movie, etc. But it's not always about bad things. I'm just emotional in general. If I'm happy, I'm really happy, etc. and I can cry even at happy events. My long-suffering husband is used to it, but God bless him, if it's about something real he usually cries with me. He's so sweet that way. And when he does, I know he really cares and knows how I feel.
(2) I love Christian rock music, and over the last year or two I've gotten to where I listen to that most often. I never realized how many awesome groups there are out there - some of my new favorites are Casting Crowns, Third Day (shout out for the boys from Atlanta!), Nicole Nordeman, Phillips, Craig and Dean, the Newsboys, Kutless, Chris Tomlin and old favorites like Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman. This kind of music reminds me of my faith and always improves my day/mood/energy level.
(3) I started running again this week (for exercise). It's not that exciting, but I'm telling all of you so I'll feel accountable about it. I'm back into my pushups and will run and do those today. So feel free to ask me how the working out is going, which will keep me honest, LOL!
(4) I love to be in the water. I grew up as a river rat and I've never lost that love, even though for years I went whole summers without going near water (work/real life, etc. LOL!) Since we put in the pool, I have rediscovered that love. Now I don't know how I stayed away all those long, hot summers!
(5) I'm a Flybaby in Training. Robin gets the credit for introducing me to this wonderful woman several years ago. Flylady's teachings are gradually (over a period of years) sinking in. Click here if you don't know who she is - you'll love her!
(6) My favorite breed of dog is the Rottweiler. My heart dog, Sinjun, left us several years ago, but she taught me so much while she was here. I love these dogs for many reasons, but I especially love their sturdy, powerful build, their wise faces, and their sweet smiles.
We miss you, beautiful girl!
(And there's that crying thing I was telling you about!)
(7) Back to less emotional thoughts - I have a love of mineralogy and gemology. I am fascinated by the process of turning gem rough into finished stones, but I love rocks of all kinds. Almost minored in this in college, but got lost in the level of chemistry required to minor. Not an advanced chemistry fan! Nevertheless, I've taken some courses from GIA and really love the subject.
And there ya have it! Hope you enjoyed reading! (And if you're reading this, you're tagged!)
Kitty bravery and dog goings-on - LOOK WHO HAS EMERGED!!! Millicent is FINALLY getting bold enough to explore the house! Don't mind my kitchen stairs that need a fresh coat of paint! S...
4 days ago