Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!

It's that time again (already?)!

This week should be pretty routine for us; just working and getting back into working out after work. Since I do hope to work out a good bit this week, I am going to try to make some of our favorite "super fast" and easy meals for this week. I'm hoping to put hubby to work grilling most nights, which means I get some help with dinner, LOL! Also, because I'm very big on seasonal eating, I'm going to try to put in a few summertime favorites that we haven't made for a while, so I get to make them at least once (or once more) this summer. Let's see what I can come up with!

{pause while I search through my recipes ;-)}



Sunday: BBQ Pork Chops, Corn with Lime Butter, Buttered Peas

Monday: Chicken with Mexican Almond Butter, Fiesta Fruit and Veggie Salad, Garlic Toast

Tuesday: Burgers, Buttered Lima Beans, Baby Carrots

Wednesday: Chicken and Artichoke Calzones, Salad

Thursday: Tex-Mex Pork Sandwiches, Black Beans (I may try a new BB salad), Lemon Butter Broccoli

Friday: Stuffed Sole Filets (these come from Omaha Steaks), Stuffed Baked Potatoes, Summer Squash Ribbons

Saturday: Clean out the fridge/leftovers

Have a great week!

11 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Hi Angela,

Your menu sounds great! Please let me know how the Fiesta Fruit and Veggie Salad is...if you haven't already tried it. It sounds great and RR is usually right on.

My Super Sloppy Joes are from the 30 Minute Meals 2 book. We just love them.

Have a blessed week!
Lisa

Angie's Spot said...

Looks good! I need to pull a plan together for this week before I pull my hair out. This Monday is already not going so well. Gah!

Robin's Reports said...

I think I'm going to try the Mexican Chicken dish tonight for something different (minus the almonds). I'll let you know how the guys like it.

Secondly, I gave you a Share the Love blogging award. Congrats.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oooh, those calzones look great. I don't work with pizza dough so this is going to serve as my 1st shot. I printed out the recipe.

Angela said...

Hi Ladies!

Lisa - the Fiesta salad is a favorite at our place - it's truly great and it just makes me feel so ridiculously healthy when I eat it, LOL! Do try it!

I will have to try your sloppy joes. I have never tried a RR recipe we didn't like. I'm going to sit down with her book this evening and come up with some new ones to try for fall!

Angie - from the way you were describing your week, you probably do need a plan, girlfriend! I find it relieves stress just to have a plan. I don't always follow it, but just knowing it's there, helps.

Robin - the chicken is awesome. Hope you like it! And thanks so much for the blogging award!

And Stephanie - I bet you'll love the calzones. We really enjoy them. I usually cheat and use that refrigerated dough (no mistakes that way, LOL!) but you could easily make your own dough and freeze. I've done that before too. Let me know how you like them!

kamailesfood said...

Yummy menu! I love cookin' food up on the grill. It's one thing I'll miss about summer.

jmk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jmk said...

Do you really get six servings out of the Chicken and Artichoke Calzone recipe?

Angela said...

Thanks Kamail! My hubby's pretty good about grilling year round, but then we live in the South where that's doable :0)

Janyne - no, I usually get 4 small or three larger ones out of the recipe. But then I make them bigger. You probably could get six if you like more bread and less meat, but I like more filling and less bread, so I make 'em bigger :-)

"J" said...

Your menu sounds YUMMY this week! Just stopping by to say hi again this week and get some ideas from your menu!

I thought the same think as you...it's already MONDAY again!!! lol

Here is my menu:
http://musingsfromleftfield.blogspot.com/2008/08/menu-plan-monday-august-18th.html

Michelle said...

Mmmmm corn with lime butter. So yum!

And the roasted chicken and artichoke calzones... I'm totally into that one. But maybe with a little more cheese ;) And definitely homemade pizza crust!

Related Posts with Thumbnails