Friday, August 22, 2008

Foodie Friday! Apricot BBQ Chicken

So it’s finally FOODIE FRIDAY!!

I’m excited for several reasons - first, it’s FRIDAY!!! (Do we need more reason than that to throw a party?? Especially after this week?? Can I get an AMEN?) Second, it’s time for a new recipe to share with you! I feel like I haven’t had time to do anything lately, including share yummy food with y'all! Thanks for your patience!

This is a new favorite of ours. It comes from the freezer meal kits I’ve mentioned, and it’s one that my friend Lisa requested a few weeks ago.

In our part of the country, we can pretty much grill year round, but this recipe could also be done on an indoor grill, or you could probably bake them successfully (although the marinade might not have quite the same taste). I like the dark meat chicken, but if that’s not your thing you could certainly use chicken breasts.

So without further ado (and because I’m writing this over my lunch hour :-), I present:

Apricot BBQ Chicken
(Serves 4)
Adapted from Leanne Ely

8 skinless chicken legs; OR 4 skinless chicken thighs;
OR 4 skinless chicken breasts
½ cup apricot jelly
3 Tbsp white wine
2 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 green onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed
½ Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in a covered baking dish or zipper bag. Marinate for at least a couple of hours. Reserve marinade for basting chicken; grill until no longer pink. Serve and enjoy!

Serving suggestions: Jasmine Rice, Broccoli Rabe

Notes:

(1) To make as a freezer kit, combine all marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in a large freezer bag. Squeeze out air and seal; freeze flat; thaw in fridge overnight.
(2) To make with chicken breasts, you may want to double the marinade.
(3) To serve marinade as a dipping sauce, boil remaining marinade for several minutes before using.




Everyone have a GREAT weekend! I'm looking forward to catching up on lots of blogging and reading and comment love for you guys!



Love, Dahrlin'

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ain't nothing wrong with that!! Looks good. I wasn't able to make the calzones last night because I was out of power. So, I ate Doritos and the rest of my white wine by candlelight while organizing pictures. Ha ha. This weekend I surely will!! Have a great one.

Angie's Spot said...

This sounds yummy. I think this is one I overlooked in Leanne's book. I REALLY need to meal plan this weekend. Now that I've got the checkbook up to date, I know how much I can blow at the grocery store. LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails