Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quick Food and Recipe Update

A few people have asked for a photo of the Chicken Cacciatore I've mentioned. Well, I try to be an accommodating hostess (this is the South, after all, where we encumber you with hospitality!). So here ya go!

First up is that dish - easy, healthy and oh, so yummy!



Second, just because I was taking pictures of my dinner already, here are my favorite Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes. They pretty much look like regular mashers, but I tried to put them in a seasonally-appropriate dish for your viewing enjoyment. You're going to see these referenced again in tomorrow's post, which I wrote a couple days ago. I know, it's very confusing and complicated, but I promise to get better about coordinating these photos and adding them to the posts they belong with :-) For now, you'll just have to follow along with me as I drag you back and forth from post to post, LOL! But anyway, this lovely photo (snort!) was taken about three and a half seconds before I stuck my face in them and snarfed them down like Randy in that scene from A Christmas Story... (but I don't want to bog you down with too many details here...so without further ado):



Oh! And for my bonus recommendation this evening, I can offer you a lovely wine pairing for this meal - one of our new inexpensive and delicious favorite Aussie wines. Penfold's Thomas Hyland Shiraz (Adelaide 2005). Hubby doesn't even like Shiraz, but he likes this one. I won't bore you with snotty wine-tasting type notes, which I find ridiculous, because the best wine is the one you enjoy. But I will say this: I like it! And it goes great with this meal. :-)

Happy Tuesday! (ooh, and bonus points if you can name the first movie referenced above!)

Love, Dahrlin'

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that dish! I need to do better at doing fun things like that. But first I need a kitchen remodel so that I can fit all the things I want in it!

And sad that I didn't even realize there was a "first" movie being referenced! Yeah, I'm culturally out of touch, but I'm ok with it.

Angie said...

That looks yummy! And it's late and my brain is tired, so I'm blanking on the other movie reference. I'm sure it will come to me at 2am. LOL!

Angela said...

Thanks girls! And LOL - I didn't realize I'd stump you that easily. The first movie is the Firm - the "encumber you with hospitality" line that I just love.

Katherine said...

Ok it looks absolutely delicious. After vacation, I will have to try the chicken cacciatore. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails