Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!

Happy Monday!

I'm posting this over my lunch hour, so this will be a quick post. But here's the plan.

This week's menu will be a little different for us, because we have some family coming to visit this weekend. My brother in law is bringing his three kids to visit, and my sister in law may come down with her daughter. Then, it's possible that my father in law may also join us. The plans are somewhat fluid, though, so I'm not setting anything in stone for those days. Just want to have a plan in place so at least I know I'll have something to feed everyone!



Monday: Whitefish packets, baked sweet potatoes and I may try PW's Zucchini Cakes

Tuesday: Omelette with asparagus, shallots and cream cheese, sides will be garlic toast and blueberries

Wednesday: Pepper Steak over Rice

Thursday: Honey Apple Pork Tenderloin, corn, wilted spinach

Friday: Pizza!

Saturday: Our visitors are going to Six Flags for the day, so we're only on for dinner. I think we'll do BBQ, chips and Mint Julep Pineapple for dessert

Sunday: Pool Day - Burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, and watermelon (Lime Slush for the grownups :-)

And on a side note, I wanted to mention that we tried Stephanie's Parmesan Potatoes last night. They were YUMMY! And for the first time, I succeeded in convincing my microwave not to turn the potatoes into weapons. I almost never have good results with microwave potato cooking, because our microwave is so overpowered that it could cheerfully cook food blocks away in other houses. But I ran it at 70% power, and that seemed to work. They were delicious! Thanks for the recipe, Stephanie!

10 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

Hey Angela~
Your menu looks great. I am definitely going to try PW's Zucchini Cakes when our zucchini is ready to pick. Let me know how you like them.

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Lisa

Angela said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm thinking of adding yellow squash to the zucchini, because I've got some. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Angie said...

The menu looks yummy this week! I'm delighted to report that my roasted chicken came out flawlessly tonight. Thanks for the great recipe and personal cooking class! xoxo

Angela said...

Awesome! So glad the chicken came out well. And now you know how to make it anytime!

Emily said...

Angela,
Thanks for your sweet comment. Those lollies are the best, and pretty too. Almost too pretty to eat.

You are so good to get your meal plan all ready and prepared. I kind of fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to that sort of thing. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I have no clue what I am going to make for the week-- GOOD JOB!

Angela said...

Thanks so much, Emily! If I don't plan, it gets really ugly, in terms of wasted food. So I try to at least get some ideas on paper! Hope you enjoyed your SITS day!

Michelle said...

Uhhh mint julep pineapple? Do share!

Angela said...

Michelle - I'll definitely post that one soon. It's one of my summertime favorites - or for any time I want to feel summery, even in January!

Crowzma said...

Yum ... I'm coming to your house to eat. And, btw, definitely try the zucchini cakes from PW. I made them last night, and the verdict is an absolute thumbs up! I also think they'll freeze and you could pop them in hot oil for a few minutes to serve them.

Stephanie said...

So glad you actually made & liked the potatoes!!!!! Good luck on your push ups!!!! Those zucchin cakes look outstanding!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails