Friday, July 11, 2008

Foodie Friday! A New Round of Freezer Meals

It's Friday, and you know what that means on this blog!

For this week's "official" foodie post (notwithstanding the five or ten recipes I've already posted this week), I've got the current freezer meal plan. We've pretty much demolished the freezer inventory, so since we're back to the real world next week, I want to get another batch of ready-to-cook meals in there. These freezer meals have proven so helpful in many areas, including cost savings, cutting down on wasted food, making menu planning easier, and time savings. I love being able to cook fresh food for dinner, without having to start from scratch on a work night. And in the process, we've discovered some truly yummy new favorite recipes, as well as some things I had no idea you could freeze for later cooking.

For those who've recently come across my blog, the freezer meal plans I use are largely based around this product. I adore this woman for her use of healthy, real foods with a major focus on fresh produce at each meal. She uses very few prepackaged/processed/convenience foods (another thing I'm trying to avoid these days), and the few that she does incorporate (such as prepared BBQ sauce) I've been able to find at Whole Foods or a similar version with no yucky, unpronounceable ingredients.

I have also been incorporating a lot of our own favorite recipes that adapt well to this method, and that's working great. On this round of meals, we're doing all "favorites." Around here, that pretty much means that I love it and it's husband approved, LOL! I've figured out that because I work alone on these meals, I only undertake about 12 at a time. That basically takes me one weekend to do. I usually work all day Sat. and then about half a day Sunday. Since I'm doing all the dishes, too (grrr!!) that's about all I'm game for.

So anyway, without further ado, here's the plan. I hope to get all these in the freezer by Sunday night!

(1) Pepper Steak (great "do-it-yourself takeout")
(2) Caribbean Steak
(3) Apricot BBQ Chicken Thighs
(4) Honey Apple Pork Tenderloin
(5) Parmesan Crusted Chicken
(6) Lemon Chicken Scallopine
(7) Stuffed Chicken Breasts
(8) Hamburger Mac and Cheese Toss
(9) My Favorite Meat Loaf
(10) Atkins Park Pork Tenderloin
(11) Chicken Broccoli Braid (a Pampered Chef fave)
(12) Plum Pork Tenderloin

I'll try to take some fun pics of the prep process this weekend. For now, happy dreams of yummy food!

Love, Dahrlin'

3 comments:

Angie said...

My mouth is watering! I really need to go have some breakfast. Somehow, I don't think my bowl of cereal is going to quite measure up to all the yummy-ness I just read about. :-)

American in Norway said...

K...this is just what I need! Will be printing everything off... : )

Angela said...

Thanks Ladies!

I really like the freezer meals thing. I know I keep saying that, but it's true! Try it when you get a chance. It works great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails