Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Caribbean Turkey

Happy Wednesday! Boy, why do work weeks never fly by at the same speed as vacation weeks? How can it be Wednesday already? Scary thought!

While I've got food on the brain this week and I'm planning my next round of freezer menus, I remember several people requested that I share the Caribbean Turkey recipe I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Ask, and you shall receive!

This recipe is from Leanne Ely, also known as the Dinner Diva. If you've never checked out her freezer meal kits, do yourself a favor - run, don't walk! She's introduced us to a number of new recipes that we love. And bonus - they're freezable!

I haven't tried this one yet, but will soon. It's already prepped and in the freezer, so we'll probably try it next week. I'll update with a photo then, but for now, here you go!

Caribbean Turkey
(Can be prepared immediately or as a freezer kit, then baked when you're ready)

8 turkey breast cutlets
4 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
2 Tbsp mustard
2 (or more) cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp (or to taste) grated lime zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except turkey in a small bowl. Place turkey in a large freezer bag and pour marinade into bag. Seal bag and turn to coat meat evenly. Remove excess air from bag, press turkey into a flat, single layer and place first bag into a second freezer bag. Freeze until ready to use. Thaw overnight. Reserve marinade and bake turkey at 375 (basting occasionally) until done. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.

If you try this one, let me know how you liked it, and whether you have any suggestions. We're looking forward to trying it!

*** Update: We did finally make this, and it was delicious. And easy! It literally is one that you pour out of the bag, into the pan, and bake. Very yummy for something so easy! I used a regular 9x13 glass pan, and had four cutlets. They fit perfectly and I baked them in the marinade, almost like I was poaching them (but bake uncovered). This worked well and kept the turkey very moist. I would say they baked at 375 for about 30-40 minutes. Just keep an eye on them and about the time the tops start browning, they're done. Yum! (ooh, and bonus - leftovers for dinner later in the week!)

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love turkey! Thanks for what looks like a yummy recipe!

Angela said...

Hope you like! Let me know if you make it. How'd the chicken go last night?

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Lee said...

Hmmmm...caribbean turkey? I gotta say, I'm not sure. Oh, but who am I kidding...it's food. You know I'll try it.

Thanks for your sweet commment this morning. I trust you will be praying and thank-you for sharing your need with me. I would LOVE to pray for you. Let's keep in touch about your situation. I want everything to go seamlessly for you.

Love to you this morning,
Melissa at Stretch Marks

Related Posts with Thumbnails