Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yum, yum yum!!

Hi there! We're about halfway through our cookfest weekend, and I'm happy to report that all dishes so far are a great success! Our afternoon tanning was interrupted by a little rain, so I thought I would take this opportunity to update.

We started off our weekend with some wonderful pomegranate cosmos. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!



Last night, we made Pioneer Woman's Tiramisu. As promised, it really is super yummy - and super easy! Angie, Daniel and I all agree, it's fabulous! If you like tiramisu, do make it. Here's some photographic evidence to tempt you!






Then this morning, we got started with breakfast. The breakfast casserole we want to try needs to be refrigerated overnight before baking, so Angie took these ingredients:



And turned them into this:



Ohhhhh, the anticipation! I believe a fantastic breakfast awaits tomorrow morning!

Meanwhile, so as not to starve while we wait, we also made my favorite lemon-blueberry muffins. I was going to take pics along the way and do another recipe demo for you, but we were too hungry. Sorry!! I promise, we'll document the chicken and risotto this evening :-) Here's the finished muffin recipe - I just love blueberries!



And here's my plate, about thirteen seconds before this muffin disappeared!



Happy Saturday! We're headed back poolside for a while!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm happy to make the sacrifices necessary to test all these dishes to make sure they are fit for human consumption. So far, so great! :-)

Robin's Reports said...

Hey

Where are pictures of you two together? It doesn't have to be poolside.

Your food looks wonderful. P-dub has great recipes.

Angela said...

Hey Robin!

We didn't manage to take any pics of us together, I think mostly because we are both camera shy! But stay tuned. I've dug up some hilarious photos of the two of us when we were about 14. I'm working up the nerve to post them here! LOL!

And Angie, don't worry, I'll give you a chance to veto before I post any of you! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails