Saturday, June 14, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We've got water in the pool! Woohooooo!! I can't tell you how exciting it is to actually see it finished. Well, more or less finished. There's a lot of landscaping left yet, and we've still got to put chemicals in and start the pumps running (Monday or Tuesday). But for now, it's filling up!!

Here are a few pics for your Saturday morning enjoyment. I promise, very soon I will be posting again on other subjects. I miss blogging! It's just been a busy week around here. But for good reasons, so that's okay!

The only snafu we had during the Pebbletec application was that they covered over one of the spa jets. Don't ask me how. We've all been beating our heads against the wall, asking exactly that. It really took some deliberate work to cover it so completely that they had trouble finding it, so I'm really not sure how something like that happened. But anyway, here's what it looked like after they tore through it and repaired it:



And for those who are unfamiliar with Pebbletec (like I was, LOL!), here's what it looks like close up. It's a very smooth surface, but it's very durable. And it just looks cool!



So here's the scene yesterday about 3 pm, when hubby started filling it. Wheeee!!!



And here is the depth about 6 pm:



We adjourned for a lovely Father's Day dinner at our favorite steak house, and returned to find this (it's not a cesspool, I promise. It just looks really weird in the dark, LOL!). And here I am, checking it out up close!



We continued to check it for the next couple hours, while watching a movie. Then we went to bed. Dad stays up really late these days, and he checked it out about 3 am. Then hubby bounded out of bed at 6 am to stand staring at it for a while. They're like kids! I, however, have my priorities firmly in order :-) I slept in, and woke up to find this happy sight. We're almost there!



Happy Happy Saturday!

Love, Dahrlin'

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wheee!!!! I know that I'm only probably a tenth as excited as you must be and I'm about to pass out with excitement! Congrats to the both of you for surviving this little project so far and look at what a beautiful (almost) finished product you guys have now. Can't wait to see it in person next weekend! :-) Now, I'm super intrigued to read your trip down memory lane. Gotta go get my betty crocker on first and then I'll be back. I'm making a special cake for Jake for tomorrow. He'll be thrilled! Love & Hugs!

Robin's Reports said...

CONGRATS!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails