Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Won! I Really Won! (You may have too!)

I'm so excited to share that I recently received my first blogging award! Woohoo! Happy Dance, Happy Dance!! Even better, it's one I get to SHARE! I'm so honored that my best friend chose me as one of her top five blog recommendations! Now, I am waaayyyy late in posting this thank you and paying this forward, so I will try to make up for it by honoring several more blogs than are requested by the rules. What's better than making one person happy? Making lots of people happy, LOL!

Since Angie so graciously bestowed this honor on me, I want to give a shout out to her. She and I have been best friends for oh, something like 28 years now, and I can honestly say we're still learning new things about each other every day! It's such a blessing to have a friend that knows me so well (and has known me for so long)! She and I share a sense of humor (and, we are convinced, two halves of the same brain). So run over and check out Angie and her family! Her blog has just been beautifully redecorated and I guarantee you'll enjoy your visit!

This award comes with a few rules attached, so here are the details:

This is the Arte y Pico award, and it originated in Uruguay. Here are the rules that accompany this esteemed award.



1. Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules.

I have many old and new friends who blog, so it is nearly impossible to choose just a few to honor. If you're not on this list, please don't be offended. I have about 50 subscriptions in my blog reader and follow a ton of worthwhile and wonderful ladies (and gentlemen) who blog. But I'm going to try to keep this to about 7 or 8 bloggers on various themes that I want to share with you.

So without further ado, in no particular order, here are the blogs I chose to pay this forward:

(1) Domain Dephal - my friend Phyllis is a fellow dog lover, lawyer and knitter. I blame credit Phyllis for getting me back into a favorite hobby - knitting. By way of knitting, she is also the person who introduced me to blogging. She posts on various other themes, including travels to beautiful places, and is a thoughtful and most delightful person to know and correspond with. Check out Phyllis, Things 1 and 2, and Saint Ruthie!

(2) Robin at Raising Fishermen - my friend Robin is another dog lover, a sister in Christ, and an amazing artist. Robin's beautiful artwork hangs in several homes of my friends and family, and she has an equally beautiful and artful commitment to raising her boys to be 'fishers of men.' Robin's gentle thoughts and patient ways with her boys, puppies and (chickens?!) also translate to her beautiful garden posts. I only wish I could grow veggies like she does! She also inspires me in the kitchen, and reminds me to eat more seafood, LOL! Check out Robin and her fishing family!

(3) Steppin' Heavenward - Renee and her family are an amazing group of people whom I found through my friend Robin. I have spent many happy hours reading about this wonderful family and their commitment to adopt a number of children out of desperate situations. Their devotion to the Lord, as well as Renee and Jim's endless patience and gentleness with their 11 children, shows clearly on the kids' smiling faces. This is a wonderful group of people that I would love to meet someday. In the meantime, I learn something new about perspective every time I visit Renee's site. And those smiling kids never fail to bring a smile into my heart. Even without all those factors, Renee deserves this award simply for finding time to blog while raising (and homeschooling) 11 kids!

(4) Stretch Marks - My new friend and prayer partner Melissa is a really fun and feisty lady from my home state of Tennessee. On most occasions her blog posts are guaranteed to make me fall out of my chair laughing. Like this one. Or this one. However, this particular week, Melissa needs some love. I know it may be awhile before she has a smile in her heart again and can enjoy something fun and silly like this award, but I hope that at least in a tiny way, this will bring a little lightheartedness to her day. I am still praying for you, my sweet friend, and my heart is broken for you.

(5) Let Joy Resound! - Alicia is another (new to me) blogger I have started reading lately. Posting on subjects ranging from food to Christian themes to the intricacies of vaccine dangers, I am really enjoying reading Alicia's blog (and her husband is also blogging - his blog is where I learned of our 100 Pushup Challenge!) I look forward to reading more of Alicia's and Ryan's thoughts. Hope you'll check them out!

And I know I said I was going to honor more than five, but our weekend guests are returning home soon from their visit to the amusement park, and I've got to run for now. Happy Saturday everyone!

Love, Dahrlin'

4 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Congratulations and Thank you so much for acknowledging my blog in the process of passing the award along.

Hmmm, now I have to see who to pass it along to, right? Can I give it back to you? LOL! You've done such a great job with organizing your blog info & recipes. You inspired me to redo a lot of my Robin's Reports blog.

Have a great week

Angie said...

Aww, thanks for the love, my BFF! You inspired me to do this bloggy thing in the first place, so you totally deserved that award! And speaking of which, I'm sending another one your way this week. Be on the lookout! xoxo

Alicia said...

Oh, wow, I'm so flattered!! Thank you for your kind comments.

Angela said...

Robin - you deserve it! And I do love the updates to the fishing blog.

Angie - hope you had a GREAT SITS Day!

Alicia - you're more than welcome! Enjoy and have fun paying it forward!

Related Posts with Thumbnails