Friday, June 20, 2008

Foodie Friday!

Woohoo! So I'm sitting here enjoying every second of this morning off. I'm plotting and planning the food for our great girls' weekend, and here's what we have settled on as our menu. We're going to be trying several new recipes, and making a couple of my new favorites, too. As we go along, we'll take pics of the recipes for you and post back with reviews, so stay tuned! And as you can see, we've got a running theme here, closely tied to recipes that Pioneer Woman (my new kitchen hero) has sold me on!

Lemon Roasted Chicken (a new favorite)
PW's Risotto (another new favorite)
Salad with PW's homemade ranch
(I'm just dying to try this dressing, even though it doesn't really go with the Italian theme)
PW's Tiramisu (first try)

PW's Breakfast Casserole (first try)
My favorite Lemon Blueberry Muffins

And of course, lots of champagne and pomegranate 'tinis for poolside (and thirsty cooks!)

Everyone enjoy the weekend, and I'll be sure to take lots of pics to share. I'm going to need the exercise after eating all this food.

(Wonder how many calories are burned in one hour of blogging? LOL!)

6 comments:

jmk said...

PW fan? :-) Looks great -- especially the tiramisu!

Katherine said...

Ok I think I'm dizzy at the thought of all this cooking!

Enjoy! :-)

Angela said...

Thanks ladies! And yes, I'm a huge fan of Pioneer Woman. And I'm a huge fan of yummy food, so it works out pretty well.

Katherine - the thought of the cooking doesn't make me dizzy, but the thought of all those dishes does! Shudders! I guess we'll be running the dishwasher a lot :-)

bafleyanne said...

I totally just bookmarked that Lemon Roasted Chicken recipe to try. And let me know how the breakfast casserole comes out! I've been eyeing it. :)

Angie said...

The tiramisu rocked! Can't wait to try the really big recipes tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Angela said...

Barbara - thanks for commenting! We'll definitely let you know how the breakfast cassy turns out. we're making it this morning! And you'll love the lemon roasted chicken. I've made that before and it's heavenly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails