Friday, June 6, 2008

"Flagstone's Finished!" Friday



(I crack myself up, and it's so very sad! :-)



You know it's been a long week, when someone known for never being speechless can only come up with a title that dull...



But never mind. So they have (drumroll, please) FINALLY finished the pool decking!! They did a fabulous job, but this particular contractor also gets the blue-ribbon award for By Far The Greatest Delay Incurred To Date... I may yet send those flying monkeys after him (but I digress). On to the good news!



The decking is now complete. The only remaining part of the work this contractor has left to do is the columns for the fence. Our neighborhood standards require us to put two brick columns (sort of matching the house) at either end of the ravine side of the pool enclosure fence. That project is on track for Monday/Tuesday completion, with the trees (to screen the pool from the ravine-side neighbors) going in first part of next week, fence midweek and (God willing) Pebbletec on Friday. The Pebbletec interior is the last thing to go in before we Fill. This. POOL!!!!!!


(You're only invited if you leave a comment. Let's see how many of you care are paying attention!)




Nah, just kidding. We can't wait to have everyone over to break in the pool!



So here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. I TOTALLY understand this is not nearly as captivating for anyone else as it is to us. But after waiting (literally) a month to see the completion of a project that, in actual people-are-here-working days, took FIVE days, mere words do not serve adequately to express my delight that we can finally move FORWARD again with the remaining items. Not quite in time to beat the upcoming week of 90+ degree heat that is predicted, but still. I Will Not Complain (she repeats) as long as they're moving forward. If everything goes well, we'll be filling this pool by next weekend! Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (You can't see it, but I'm jumping up and down like a little kid!)



(And I was only half kidding about that comments thing. You probably don't want to take your chances... :-)

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, it looks great!!! I seriously can't wait to see it in person! And I do love the new title art. You're so crafty!

Robin's Reports said...

How beautiful Angela!! I'll have to come back to GA just to swim in it (and meet Angie).

Angela said...

Thanks Ladies!

And Robin, you definitely need to meet Angie! She's been my best friend since we were about 5 years old!

Related Posts with Thumbnails